The Right Kind of Wrong (15)

Chapter Fifteen

"I don't like lying... Especially to my family, and the longer we wait the worse it could be when they find out we hid something like this from them." Rose said standing up unsteadily. She leaned on Scorpius for support as she settled herself onto her crutches.

Rose looked up at him and nibbled on her lower lip, thinking. The prospect of not telling anyone loomed over her. On one hand it could be disastrous should whatever that was going on would work and when they would finally decide to tell people mass chaos would ensue, or it could work out splendidly, but that was slim. Or they could find out they are not compatible and go back to how things were before and no one would ever know. Two pros for one con, she thought.

"I guess that is how it will have to be for now...Besides I think my family would skin me alive if I mentioned it." Rose said with a sigh as she leaned in to his touch. She looked up at him and a mischievous smile ran across her lips. "My, my, a bit selfish, are we, Malfoy? Is that a Malfoy family trait, using a charming line to reel me in?" She said quietly, the smile and glint still displayed on her features, their noses just barely touching. Rose shrugged and smiled nonchalantly.

* * * * *

Scorpius laughed care-freely and smiled his trademark smile.

"Why, Weasle-bee?" he asked, a bit seductively. "Do you happened to be charmed by me?" He chuckled. His eyes wandered to her lips. He went closer as he dared. Their lips were almost touching --

The bell rang again. He sighed as he rested his forehead on hers. He closed his eyes, dreading the reality. Dreading the moment he have to leave her. But it has to be done. He gently pulled back.

"We really should better go," he said, shrugging. "You go first. I'll follow shortly after you." He kissed her on her forehead softly. "Take care, love."

He automatically froze. Did he just say "love"? He couldn't have been. That will appear way too fast. But it really sounded as though he did. Did he? Whether he said it or not, he didn't like it. Why? Because it's too common. Blokes say it all the time to their loved ones. And Scorpius isn't the one who follows such commonality. Besides, he has his own way of calling her that. She may have not realized it yet, but whenever he say her name, he says it as though he's expressing his love for her already. Wait... what?

Before he could lose his mind in panic, he let it go and calmed himself inwardly. He cleared his throat and regained his composure. It's as if nothing happened.

"Oh, and remember, Weasle-bee," said Scorpius, returning to his usual aura. "Try not to stare at me too much at the Great Hall," he teased her, grinning widely.

* * * * *

"Charmed? More like cursed." Rose said, softly as she could feel his lips ever so lightly graze hers.

The ringing of the bell tore through the silent room. The fire had died out and was reduced to glowing embers. She let out a frustrated sigh and bit her lower lip as she felt Scorpius lean his forehead to hers. Rose too closed her eyes, savoring this final moment of surreal bliss she never thought she would have with Scorpius Malfoy. Rose smiled faintly as he kissed her forehead and looked up, her smile turning into a smirk.

"Love? Scorpius Malfoy, you are a sap." She said, giggling before standing as high as she could on her one leg to place a light kiss on his cheek, lingering for a moment before pulling back.

Rose made her way to the door before turning around and raising an eyebrow, a playful and knowing glint in her eye.

"I believe that you are delusional, Malfoy...Why on earth would I ever look at you?" Rose said with a wink before turning back around and disappearing through the door.

* * * * *

"You say that now, but you'll be surprised at how you just cannot stand not looking at me," said Scorpius under his breath, the crooked smile still on his face.

He watched her leave, fighting the urge to follow her quickly and be by her side. He ruffled his hair and sighed.

Why does things have to be so complicated? he thought. Why can't things be so easy so that he can love freely? Then, he realized what he just thought in his mind. Merlin's beard, I'm even rhyming absent-mindedly. I got it bad.

After a few minutes, he finally decided to go to the Great Hall. He didn't meet anyone on the way, which means that everyone must already be at the Great Hall by now. As the noise of Hall gets nearer, he's deciding whether or not to tell Damon about what happened that afternoon between him and Rose. In all honesty, Scorpius wanted to keep the secret for himself. Selfish it may be, but that's how he is. However, he's well aware that Damon will figure it out eventually. So what's the point in keeping it from him? And in the end, Scorpius decided to not do anything. If Damon notices, Scorpius won't deny it. But until he does, Scorpius won't mention a thing.

When Scorpius entered the Hall, almost all eyes turned to him. The noise wavered, but didn't fully vanish. He just shrugged a bit cockily and walked his way to the Slytherin table, nodding to those who greets him on his way. He's barely settled on his seat when Goyle started away with his story of the day.

"You should've been with us, Scorpius," said Goyle, excitedly. Marcus nodded.

"I doubt it," muttered Damon on Scorpius' side.

Scorpius just raised an eyebrow.

"It was remarkable," Marcus commented.

"Not to mention, nicely done," said Nott.

"Are you going to tell us or are you prats going to keep us on the edge of our seats?" asked Lestrange, a bit annoyed.

"If you say so," said Goyle, shrugging. Failing to look calm to hide his excitement on telling the story. "We just hexed a Potter. Without, of course, knowing that we were the ones who did it. It was hilarious, mate."

"How could you possibly pull off something like that to a Potter?" asked Scorpius skeptically. Then, he got curious. "Hold on, which Potter?"

"Lily Potter."

* * * * *

It look a little longer for Rose to reach the Great Hall than normal, what with her Quidditch injury. Although her leg did feel substantially better, maybe she would be able to take a trip to the Hospital Wing to get the bandage off and some mild anti-swelling potion just in case. Rose finally reached the Great Hall and clumsily pushed the doors open. Her face grew hot as numerous pairs of eyes fell upon her. Were they really still on about this morning? Rolling her eyes, she hobbled her way over to the Gryffindor table where she plopped down beside Al and among the rest of the "clan." She smiled cheerfully as she pulled a golden plate to her and began to pile some of the delicious feast onto her plate. Finally, Rose looked up to see the faces of her friends and family, all sullen, a trace of worry etched across them. She turned to Al, whom she noticed hadn't noticed she had come in and was staring down at his place, pushing his peas around in a circle. Rose reached out to him and touched his shoulder, pulling him out of his reverie.

"Hey, you alright? What's wrong?" She asked, peering into his face before casting her glance to the rest of her family. Rose noticed everyone was there except for one spunky red head. She turned back to Al. "Where is Lily?"

Al shook his head, a shadow made its way across his face and his emerald eyes darkened and his scowl deepened. Hugo cleared his throat and finally spoke up.

"Lily was hexed, Rose...We don't know who did it or why...She was found in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom..."

Rose's fork fell from her hand and clattered against her plate, shock took over her features and she suddenly felt sick. Lily hexed? But why?

Rose looked up, her eyes wandering over to the Slytherin table. She couldn't help but wonder...First her getting taken out during the game and now Lily hexed? Was it just a coincidence? Rose's brown eyes lingered upon Scorpius before glancing back down at her plate, her appetite suddenly vanishing.

End of Chapter Fifteen

________________________________

Please comment and vote!! ^_^