The Right Kind of Wrong (20)

Chapter Twenty

Rose's eyes met with Scorpius', she detected a faint slight remorse, but she let it roll off of her. Some of the things that were said couldn't be erased with just a simple look or 'sorry'.

While the other's had been distracted by the shatter of china, Rose's eyes remained on Scorpius. Being observant and intelligent, she of course noticed something strange in the looks exchanged between Scorpius and Damon. Something that she couldn't quite figure out. Her eyes narrowed and eyebrow arched before rolling her eyes before turning to Al.

Al met Rose's eyes, he sent her a questioning look, wondering if he should tell them what exactly had been stolen. His father made them all swear to not tell a soul about the cloak, especially Professors. But of course, his father would be even more angry upset to find that it had been stolen and with the trouble he was already due to be in, he couldn't risk the cloak being lost forever.

Rose nodded to Al who gave a sigh and turned back to Neville and Slughorn.

"It was my father's invisibility cloak, sir...A most prized possession of my father's and those before him...I had uhm...borrowed it from my father recently. I used it to sneak up on them and when I was disarmed they took it from me. They of course won't fess up to it, but I swear that is what happened. As Rose said before, you could use truth potion and I could tell you that Scorpius and Damon took it and hid it. Where, I do not know...But I know for a fact they took it from me. And I know that if I were to take some of that potion that would be all the proof needed, no matter what plans you have up your sleeves. That stuff doesn't make just mere words flow from your mouth, but rather the truth. So if you need proof, Professor, hand over a vile because quite frankly I want some justice to be taken upon them for once and for them to own up to their actions." Al said, passionately.

He was tired of Scorpius and his gang worming their way out of trouble in every manner. Sure they were cunning, but the truth was stronger than any amount of tricks they had. Rose's gaze remained on Scorpius, her stare scrutinizing as she watched his every move. He had done something, she was sure of it. If there was one thing she knew about the slimy git, it was that he could pull a fast one over anyone.

* * * * *

If the professors decided to use Prior Incantato on Scorpius and Damon's wands, they'll just show the summoning and repairing charms -- not the memory charm. They really covered their tracks well.

"There are always two sides in every story," said Scorpius, getting boredly impatient. Frankly, he was getting tired of being accused of something he didn't do.

He's desperate, thought Scorpius. Desperate, indeed. I cannot bear to look at Albus Potter. Doesn't he have any pride left in him? Desperately trying to prove us wrong. Is he really even a Potter? This is why the one I consider an equal is James Potter. Even though we don't really get on each other's nerves -- except Quidditch of course -- and we may not be friendly toward each other, but we undeniably are civil.

If truth be told, Albus Potter didn't sound so desperate at all. He sounded passionate, actually. But to Scorpius, the choice of Potter's words sounds desperate enough even if they were delivered passionately.

Scorpius rubbed his temples.

"Just to settle this matter so we could go on in our own ways, I agree with Potter," he said, expressionless. The boys stared at him. Then, he continued, "Please take out the Veritaserum, Professor Slughorn. There's no point in debating if none believes our word."

There was a long moment of silence. Then, Slughorn nodded and said, "Very well, then."

He went to the Potions closet and went back shortly after. He flicked his wand and conjured four filled tea cups in the air. He opened the small potion and dropped a little amount on each cup. After that, he put the tiny bottle inside his robes. He handed each cup to Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, Damon Girard, and Scorpius Malfoy.

"So, who shall go first?" asked Slughorn, looking at the four.