Mornings

Between both of their jobs, Y/n and Spencer can finally spend a morning together

____________________________

Spencer came home from a long one week case. You and him hadn't seen each other in one week. Or as Spencer would say: 7 days. 168 hours. 10,080 minutes. 604,800 seconds.

Sure it didn't seem like much time but you were both extremely clingy. Time spent with each other was something you both craved. Juggling between both of your jobs, you had little to no time to enjoy a moment with the other. He just wanted to hold you as you both fell asleep.

That's exactly what he did.

Spencer woke up the next morning to a very beautiful girl safely in his arms. He rubbed his eyes and kissed the back of your head. He slowly, and reluctantly, unwrapped his arms from around you and got up. He made his way over to his dresser and got out a pair of Halloween pajama pants.

You stirred awake after losing the warmth from behind you. Your eyes slowly peeled open after adjusting to the sunlight beaming through the blinds. You turned around and saw him put on his favorite pair of pajama pants. You spent a lot of time looking at his back, more than you'd like to admit. He turned, saw you and smiled.

You curled up under the sheets wanting to stay in the warm bed all day. You both had the day off so there was no rush to do anything.

"Morning beautiful." Spencer rasped. He ran a hand through his messy bed head and walked to his side of the bed.

"Good morning doctor." You whispered, hiding your giggles from him under the blanket.

He chuckled and leaned over the bed, grabbing the blanket and pulling it down. He kissed your forehead and you both stopped, just admiring each other.

You wrapped a hand around his neck and pulled him back into bed. He threw the blanket over his legs and turned on his side. You turned on yours and blushed as he slowly traced your jaw with his hand.

He trailed his hand to your hair where he lightly ran it through, brushing out any knots that had formed overnight.

When Spencer wakes up to see you lying next to him, he always knows that he will have the best day ever. He couldn't explain the happiness he got from waking up in the middle of the night and feeling the warmness of the person he loved next to him.

His hand made it's way back to your jaw, lightly tracing down to your neck. He gripped it ever so lightly and slowly brought his lips to yours. You immediately reciprocated, grabbing onto his arm with both of your hands.

It started slow and soft, his thumb lightly stroking your jaw. You basked in its sweetness, parting your lips enough to allow his tongue access. He wasn't going to bruise you. He was just trying to tell you how much you meant to him through the universal language of love and respect.

His kiss felt like soft rain on a summer evening. Your stomach fluttered as he pulled you closer.

Spencer wished he could kiss you forever. He wished he wasn't gone so early in the mornings. He'd be damned if anything stopped him now.

One of your hands lazily traced his bicep. His skin formed goosebumps under your featherlight touch. When he finally pulled away for air you both kept your eyes closed, your foreheads resting against each other.

If this was how you could wake up every morning hell, you'd quit your job.

"I love you." He said, slowly opening his eyes.

You met his gaze, smiling at how good he looked in the morning. "I love you more."

He scooted up against your body and nuzzled his head into your neck. You wrapped an arm behind him and switched between lightly scratching and tracing his back. He smiled against your skin after you traced the curve of his spine, shivering lightly.

After cuddling for an hour you decided to get up and make breakfast. You stole one of his sweaters and threw it over your body.

You began to heat up the pan after getting the eggs ready. Everything went fine until Spencer walked into the kitchen. He was still clad in his Halloween pants, no shirt, hair a shaggy mess.

First he walked over and wrapped his arms around your waist, pressing a kiss to your shoulder. You both silently rocked for a moment before you pulled away, with a fight, to get the eggs.

Before you could pour the egg in, he kept poking your side. Every time you raised your arms he poked your ribs with a small chuckle. You laughed at first, then got annoyed because you just wanted to make him breakfast.

He would also mess around with you, taking things from you and moving it out of your reach for a few moments before giving them back.

"Spence I can't pour the eggs if you don't stop." You pouted.

"I have a better idea." He grabbed his phone and walked to the living room. You sighed and set the bowl down, turning the stove off before grabbing a small protein bar to eat. You were going to start heading to the living room before you turned around and saw him coming closer to you.

"What are you doing?" You laughed out.

He slowly backed you up against the counter. You set the wrapper down in time for him to pick you up and place you on the counter. The smooth marble cold against your legs.

"Spencer..." You drawled.

He kissed your neck and pulled away. "How about we dance?" He asked softly.

You had never really been to a club or party with him where you two danced so why not?

"Of course." You smiled.

You jumped off the counter, ignoring the grumble your stomach made and grabbed his hand. When you both made it to the living room he twirled you around to land in his arms. He kissed your forehead and turned you back.

You held onto his arms and he helped you step onto his feet. You both almost slipped multiple times having only socks on but it made you both look up and giggle at each other.

He wrapped his arm around you and closed his eyes, you doing the same. You let the music flow through you, cherishing the time you got to spend together.