Mother's Day

One morning you woke up to the sound of pots and pans clanking. You groaned and went to reach for your alarm when you realized it had been shut off.

Confused, you slowly got up and threw on your robe and slippers and began trotting to the kitchen. You dragged your hand on the wall, being too tired to keep your eyes open for long.

You peered around the corner and saw Spencer and your daughter attempting to make breakfast.

Today was Mother's Day and you woke up earlier than he intended.

"Shhh, we can't wake up mommy before we're finished." He whispered, holding a finger to his lips.

You smiled and felt your heart start racing.

"Sorry daddy." She mimicked him by placing a finger over her lips, as if shushing herself.

You leaned in closer to get a better look.

"Okay now, can you get the eggs for me please?"

She nodded and walked over to the fridge. When you returned your gaze back at Spencer, he was looking at you. He caught you.

You bit your lip trying to hide back behind the wall again.

"These ones?" She held up the carton, almost dropping it.

"Yep, now bring them here please. She'll be awake any minute." Both of their backs now faced you.

You leaned your head on the wall and he quickly spun his head around mouthing "You never saw us, go back to bed."

You smiled and nodded, quietly heading back into your room. You hung your robe back up and stole one of Spencer's large sweaters. You snuck back into bed and shifted on your left side. You snuggled under the warm covers and pretended to go back to sleep.

No more than a couple minutes later they surprised you in bed.

"Look what we made you mommy!" Your daughter shouted while jumping on your bed.

You 'got up' and leaned against the headboard. Spencer was holding a tray with bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.

"All for me?" You asked. She quickly nodded and you smiled.

"Oh come here." You opened your arms, inviting them both in.

You hugged them tightly and kissed your daughter on her head, Spencer on the lips.

"I love you all so much." You muttered before attending your meal in the warm bed with your family.