Late Night Adventure

Being the adventurous self y/n was, she decides to drag Spencer out late at night

____________________________

Hotch had finally given the team a break. Well, three days isn't that long of a break but you'd take any amount of days off if it meant spending them with your best friend Spencer.

Over the course of working at the BAU, you developed an attraction to Spencer, how could you not? Although you never thought he felt the same way so you didn't make any large moves, wanting to spare your friendship. Sure there was flirting here and there but you just pushed it off as a friendly flirting despite Derek convincing you otherwise.

The first day was spent with you and him going out shopping. You both weren't really looking to buy things, but more so browsing and talking amongst yourselves. You sat in the food court for awhile laughing and talking about things you have and haven't done, adventures you've went on, and many topics.

On the second day you spent it doing the chores you avoided the previous day. You went to bed like usual that night but got a random spur of energy at 1:30 in the morning.

You sat up in bed and thought about what you could do, knowing you weren't going back to sleep. Once you're up, you're up.

You remembered the conversation you had with Spencer about adventures you wanted to take. You knew he didn't have much of a childhood so he didn't get to experience the late night sneaking around. You wanted to change that.

You got up and changed into warmer clothing, grabbing your phone and keys before heading to your front door, slinging your jacket on. You made the familiar drive to Spencer's apartment, humming whatever played on the radio.

You walked up the stairs and found the golden numbers on the wall before raising your fist and knocking on the wood door. You were giddy with excitement as you waited for Spencer to answer.

He slowly trudged to the door, scratching the back of his head as he opened the door. He stifled a yawn, shock soon registering as he noticed you standing in his doorway.

"What are you doing here at one in the morning?" He groggily asked, running a hand through his messy hair. He wasn't mad that you were at his door, just concerned. Were you not getting sleep again?

You smiled at his appearance. He was wearing plaid pajama pants topped with an old graphic tee. He had one Christmas sock on his left foot, his right foot having a Halloween one. His glasses also made a rare appearance.

"Lets go on an adventure." You grinned, softly biting your lip and rocking on the balls of your feet.

Spencer couldn't lie, he adored the way your face lit up when you had an idea and the way your lips curled up into a smile. He noticed how nervous you were from the rocking of your body and he couldn't help but smile.