- I'm DONE with Dishes Served Cold -

"The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardliness, but conformity."

---------

I am either crazy, or a genius. 

A fireblast kept the fighters back as Uult, who was used to evading those blows, jumped out of the way, unnoticed, rolling behind some debris. 

Oh God, I can't believe Shinso didn't realize I was tracking him! 

---------Past----------

Shinso had left him with the official-looking people. They led him out, out, out of the building, almost carrying him with his need to conserve his energy. But, right when he was about to give up finding a way out, someone crashed into the area in a fit of strong cusses and floating rocks, and gave him a chance.

It was Fuin; Uult's sister. She had used her quartz ring to reverse-track him. Once she found it, she forced a friend to teleport her to his location, only to accidentally cause a distraction and let him slip away to the main fight. It was easy to find, but a slow process to get there. And yet...

--------Present---------

And yet those official-looking guys couldn't keep up. Psh!

Honestly, Uult didn't really understand how he made it out in the first place, but that didn't matter; he was there now. If only he could find—

His hand shot quickly onto the floor, praying that his plan would work before the blast cooled.

Please have silicon, please have silicon, please

The rubble separated to his will.

"Yes!"

A quiet spark of hope light in Uult's heavy chest as he focused, with newfound vigor, on making an entire sub-terrain  of quartz. 

It took only a few minutes before he started feeling weak, but he managed to get at least  and cover himself in a movable layer before the surroundings started to look too crumbly for comfort. Then, he repeated what he had found out in his mind, as though it was a mantra:

The Plan only works if pawns filled with fear refuse to use their minds.

Blue.

A pawn is worth only if it bleeds prizes.

Pink.

Innocent bleed prize in death.

Red.

We are human. No human is a god; it's not in our nature.

Purple.

BOOM!

The sound jolted Uult to attention. And just in time.

A laugh and a blast of fire hit his hiding spot, causing Uult to curl up, hands above face, and praying that the heat was temporary.

For all those self-deprecating jokes, it's kinda ironic if I die right now, ain't it?

The air cooled around him just enough to give him a moment to stabilize. 

Oh well, it's not my day. Heck, no day is my day. So suck it up. You got this!

Uult scoffed at himself.