A friend's help / Shinso

There aren't really any villains or heroes.
But there are people who have sacrificed their humanity,
the humanity of others,
for eternity,
and only they can attempt to regain it, if they so choose to.
Sadly, many choose not to.
And the rest suffer.
How sad.

WARNING: Panic attack described further down.

----------

Scoffing to himself in disbelief, Uult somehow managed to slap his forehead. His aim was off enough to hit his eye, making him wince in pain. As flashes of white/grey spots littered his vision, Uult was wishing, internally, that he could slam his forehead on a cool — preferably metallic — wall. (Maybe then his brain would stop aching, and the heat associated with it would decrease.)

I want to cry. Why can't I cry?

Never had he imagined that, out of all the useful memories Uult held within the most complex organ of the human body, the singular memory that arose, at the absolute most flippingly perfect time, was the memory of the most irrelevant conversation he had ever forcefully butted into: of mythology and hacker names.

An obvious Kiuta-sort of discussion to have. 

Coding. Why is it always coding? 

See, Dragon was a code (a sort of slang or jargon if you will) that Uult had heard Gary and Jay explain to Kiuta. They said that the name described a program that is run in the background of an app or site, to keep track of things. Basically, it was like the gatekeeper of information, only instead of tampering with it, Dragon would simply hoard it like a scientist. 

Uult pulled up an image of the definition in his mind's eye, reminiscing the pain that came with attempting to understand computer slang.

"DRAGON n. (MIT) A program similar to a "daemon" (q.v.), except that it is not invoked at all, but is instead used by the system to perform various secondary tasks. A typical example would be an accounting program, which keeps track of who is logged in, accumulates load- average statistics, etc. "

It was scary to think about. Dragon was barely ever noticed, as it did not engage in anything, unlike the Daemon, and was barely ever talked about, even in the jargon-filled conversations his eldest brother had. Connecting the dots, Uult's mind went to the man with a computer, then to the fire; to the war; to the rage, and the hints of what he heard from Dabi and the guards.

I can't believe my brother's pointless discussions are going to save my...our arses. Key...where are you?

Imagining, and missing, his sibling's faces, Uult sobbed out a chocked, airy laugh, barely containing himself from letting his emotions run rampant, knowing it wouldn't help anyone, to be MIA.

God have mercy, Dragon has appeared. But this time, it's more than just a program; it's an experiment? I have to tell them. I have to

He took a step and then felt tired. He wanted to rest a little while but he couldn't. He knew the second he would, he would pass out. Uult was drained, like a bathtub. Actually, more drained like an old car battery on a freeway. He had to force himself to stay standing, using his remaining energy wisely to try and think his way out. 

What am I doing?

As if he could change anything. As if he could make a difference in his pathetic state. As if the world around him spun right round, as if he had lost too much blood.