---BONUS SCENE for 16.4k READS ❤~~~!!!---

---------(At the nearby Lawson)-------------

Fssshhhwooooo

"ありがとうございます MIA! I OWE YA ONE!"

With a bounce in his step, Kiuta popped out of the store with a killer 200-watt smile dashing his cheeky features and two white plastic bags hanging from his wrists.  Swiveling on his heels, he turned to the left where his brother was sitting, half-awake, on a parked motorbike. At the sound of footsteps approaching, the boys' eyes fluttered open. 

"AH! We got lucky; they let me off with only 120 yen for the tea."

"OooOOOoooh!" Uult yawned, stretching his arms in front of him with a pop. "The black?"

"Nah; green."

"Niiiii-su!" The word stretched out comically as Uult yawned, resembling a tired ferret. 

Kiuta shook his head, reaching into the bulkier bag to take out a purple-filled package. "You're  reeeally showing off those extra-language-classes."

Uult rolled his eyes, choosing to let the comment slide in order to extend an open palm. He made a grabbing motion while twirling his deposit in the other. Without any words being said, the boys exchanged their baggage: a motorbike key for a pack of seaweed. As the brunette started munching ravenously, suddenly realizing just how hungry he was, Kiuta sat beside him, making himself comfortable as he reached into the bag and helped himself to a pack as well. 

They stood there, calmly watching the people scurrying about. They watched as the crowd slowly filled then receded with the fall of the sun, going from mass-agitation to a thinned-out murmur of unintelligible white noise. It was soothing.

Ding!

A Motorola A760 flipped open. Uult couldn't see the screen, but based on the colors shining out of the device  someone sent Kiuta a message. Throwing another piece in his mouth, he averted his attention to the cyclists passing by.

"Who was that?"

"Gary. He's gonna come and pick us up."

The brunet's eyebrows furrowed. "Can't we just ride yours'?"

Popping a seaweed in his mouth, Kiuta shook his head. "Nah. Tank's empty."

"Ah. Right. Forgot."

Crunch

Munch, munch, munch.

"Hey, Key?"

"Mmm?"

"When we get back... what are we gonna tell Fuin?"

Kiuta chocked. Uult was too tired to do anything but breath, so he only cocked a worried eyebrow at his struggling brother. When he finally swallowed, Kiuta just ruffled Uult's hair. He appeared confident and calm (if you ignored his slight jittering from one foot to the other).

"Don't worry about it. I got it covered. She won't kill us"

'Just me.'

Uult was not convinced. "But..."

Replacing  worry with complete confidence, Kiuta's voice softened into dandelion fuzz.
"Hey. You've dealt with a lot, ok? Like, you've ran a marathon and lived, that's a way better outcome than all those track-stuff your coach puts you through! Not that you look any better."

"Keeeeyyy!" Uult whined. The elder scoffed.

"You know I'm right. You look terrible. But the point is that you shouldn't rake that head of yours too much with problems that might come in the future. Focus on right now. You're here. You're safe. In terrible shape, yes, and most likely sprained both your legs from the hip-down, BUT! But you're still alive and you have me, Fuin, Hatsumo, the Shin-dude and the rest of your friends that will be there to support you, so," he moved the younger's head to rest on his shoulder, "finish your dulse and let me carry you home, k?"

The brunet nodded. With a warm smile, Uult swallowed the last piece of his food before letting his eyes flutter close. In a matter of minutes, Kiuta felt the boy go limp against his side. Knowing that he  would need to wake him in about an hour once, the bleached-blonde remained as still as he could, keeping his phone out, eyes on the clock, silently counting down the minutes as they flickered on the screen. 

Letting the past events play out in his mind again, Kiuta looked up into the darkened sky, praying that somewhere above those dusky, dull orange-blue clouds, the gods of all religions would keep protecting them, because knowing his brother's luck? He'd survive, no-problem. But knowing his own...

Kiuta sighed, bringing his gaze back to the night-light streets on Earth.

'Gary, you better have something good...'

-----------------

ありがとうございます= Thank you