Facts can be Fiction

Thank you for your patience, and happy holidays! 

May you all be happy, safe, and have a stress-less break!

------Kiuta's pov-----

Kiuta was pissed. 

Let's recap, shall we?

To start, it was currently 3:26 am, a wonderful time to be in numbing pain and behind on work. But could Kiuta pull a normal all-nighter? No, of course not! 

After recieveing his brothers ' had turned on the TV to find out that Endeavor was rampaging after Dabi and an unidentified villain south-west of Tokyo. This lead to Kiuta to ignore his aching joints and speed his motorcycle (his pride and joy; a self-customized 1987 Kawasaki EX500) like a maniac from central Shimokitazawa to the bay of Yokosuka. That was over an 1 hour drive trough traffic and construction, following a gut feeling. Kiuta's nerves were on the verge of drilling holes into the pavement- 

BUMP!

'Dammit!' 

He was not happy.

'I hate fish.

Shaking out of his thoughts, the man focused on the radio. Just in time.

"Code 4, do you read? Shhh-"

'Code 4.

Translation: No further assistance is needed. 

Kiuta overheard something else about 'neon lights dancing near the Kamoi prefecture' and that was all it took for him to pull off of the main road and into the calm of the shoreline community. 

How Uult managed to get there without the help of Stray was insane!   

"When I get my hands on him, I'm going to lock him in his room for a century! He better not be at a bar!"

The motorcycle zoomed off.

---------

It was way darker than the city. There were mostly forests on the mainland with a couple rows of buildings scattered here and there. And now, that the word got out of the crash, at least half of all the windows were light. 

Someone, a night fisher perhaps, had called the cops reporting a stolen truck. Another called because he heard yells. A third complained about fireworks, and a fourth was upset that their child couldn't sleep.  Seemed like the whole town knew of the 'crash'.

"No fricking wonder. This place is creepy quiet."

Parking his motorcycle far enough to make it believable, Kiuta snuck into the zone. 

'1, 2...5 officers. This... yeah, it could've been worse.' Looking them over, he snorted. 'Oh my god. They're ugly.' 

"Pfftttt!"

'Come on Kiuta. Concentrate! You came here. Go in, get out. Check it over and-'

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

Kiuta jumped into a salute. 'Holy carp, where did they come from?!?'

"I-I-I"

The officer sighed, putting down their coffee cup on a nearby crate. "Yeah, yeah. Save it. Of course I get it!" 

"...You do?"

"Yup." He popped his lips on the 'p', taking another swing of coffee."You're just another kid got forced into a truth or dare just to get duped into being cool." 

Blink, blink. 

'Do I look like -?'

Kiuta's face must have screamed 'excuse me' because the officer sighed again.

"Listen, I must ask you to leave. There's been an accident and you and I both will get our asses handed to us if anyone else catches on that I let you hang around. Plus, you're too young to understand the sheer misery of what has happened here tod-"

"He's not dead."

"How-" Kiuta's face was searched. Seeing...something, the officer rubbed his temples in aggravation. "Is this another quirk?"

 'Is this guy stupid?'

"Ok. It's another quirk. Just... Gimme a sec."

The officer took a swing of coffee before tossing it into the trash nearby. Then, out of nowhere, he materialized another cup!

'Oh. He's running on caffeine. Damn. Now I feel bad.'

"If it is another quirk, I gotta tell you, I'll have ta write it down and report this too. DO you understand?    Did you know him? How can you be so sure that he's living?"

"I can still feel him."

"I don't care what you think; they have been down there for over half an hour. Please, sir, let the medical team help y-"

"Let me pass. I know he's still there. I'm family. We can tell. "

The officer scoffed, rolling their eyes as if he's been told the stupidest joke of the century. "Because 'you feel it'? You expect me to believe in that bullshit and let you through?"

Kiuta scoffed back. "You don't?" 

"Sir. With all due respect, please let the professionals deal with this situation. Now, if the victims are presumably alive, which is not possible according to science on the human anatomy which tells us exactly how long a normal human can hold their breaths for, I'll shave my head for a year. Now, I'll ask you again; please proceed to the medics. They can help treat shock. And don't-don't try to provoke me further with your 'touchy-feely-iky' shit. What you claimed just now can, and will be used against you in court if need be."

Kiuta gazed blankly at the man, taking him in fully: grey hair, hardened gaze, deep wrinkles making ditches over his face,, He laughed once.

"You're completely disconnected from reality."

The guard was about to retort, but in a flash of light Kiuta disappeared.

Actually, he did not disappear. Kiuta had simply transformed the man's sound into light as he had in magic tricks and snuck around them. He kept to the shadows, softly padding his way until he reached the boarder of the boardwalk. He was close enough to see the place where the truck had rolled back into the bay, but he far enough to not be detected. 

Kiuta sighed. This was the worst trouble his brother had gotten into in his life. Dealing with a villain? Getting chased by a world-class hero? Not to mention they both wield fire, which is one of Uult's quirk's biggest weaknesses? Oh, and not to mention they are all currently somewhere in the bay? No, scratch that; under the bay?

Kiuta rubbed his temple and sighed again. 

Yep, his brother had screwed up.

Bad