Parting knows no Words

"History tells us not to have courage, On this side of the ending rock , But sometimes in life, a wild wave of justice rises, Shining brightly towards the sky, And history and hope wed. 

As thus, search for the changing of the seas, On the other side of vengeance Believe in the bright shore, that it is not far from us Believe in heaven, believe in peace, believe in the well of healing Believe"

--------(Mostly Dabi/Toya's pov)--------

Sometimes...

You have to save yourself.

Shinso knew this first-hand; had known since he first found out of his quirk; had taken the scorn and turned it into fuel and drive that earned him his spot in class 1-A. But Shinso had never, ever thought that there will come a day where he would fail a friend so much that the only one who could save them was a villain.

...

You always have to save yourself.

Toya knew this too; had know since his father had realized his firepower was unbalanced; too much for his body and too weak for his liking. So he knew, when he found Uult at the site with Gigantomachina, that they would die together because neither would accept any help form anyone else than the other.

And somehow — surprise, surprise — the kid managed.

Humans are more resilient than they know.

And by 'managed', the kid had directed his over-stressed quirk and had killed Gigantomachina.

Which, in all defense, Toya approved of.  He's no doctor, but even Toya knew that it's good for your health to kill the monsters that plague you.  (Not that Dabi managed to get  rid of his; Shigaraki would take care of it, though. As promised. That'll have to do.

The fight was surprisingly short: Uult's crystals swallowed the giant up, from the outside-in, and kept the giant stuck in-place. The low growl was cut short as the kid mercilessly cut off his wairways, standing eye-level with the lab-rat's face.

Mouth already pried open, Gigantomachina had no chance.

The only reason Dabi knew any of this — Dabi, not Toya; he's not Toya when he feels nothing but spite — was because he witnessed it first-hand. He saw from a distance how Gigantomachina imploded, and how the crystals stopped in their crazy-spree. 

Everyone knew it was over when spikes pierced the flesh from the inside, red and grey visible and dripping from shining clear tips in the lowering light. 

"Anti-climatic, much?" Dabi licked his parched lips, fighting back the sudden urge to tackle the boy and disappear into smoke. "Keep it together, Dabi.  Heh, who knows...a reward might be on the horizon."

Anyways, yeah, after going haywire, all it took was a single kid to offhandedly kill the 'unstoppable' machine.

The doctor will have a field-day.

Dabi also saw the exact moment Uult relaxed his shoulders, then proceed to run away from the Pro-Fakers with the fear of a mad-man knowing he will be hanged, only for one to unleash a series of explosions his way!

And the only reason Dabi followed was because satisfaction. 

I'm a deadman walking, so why not have a little fun? The Heros would never see it coming!