BONUS CHAPTER #1

Surprise...

Because you lovely people deserve to see their future together. Just a little bit. :')

Maybe I'll give you a few more at some point.

In honour of this book turning 4 years old. <3

-

"H, come here."

I lifted my head to glance briefly in the mirror before my eyes fell back down to the sink. I bit my lip back into my mouth.

"One second, love, I'm just doing something."

He had spent the last 30 minutes with his head craned beneath the bookcase in our bedroom. A photo frame had slipped down the back as he'd clumsily bumped it with his hip, as he'd guided me backwards to our mattress earlier that day in a haze of laughter and a messy peppering of kisses upon my face and neck.

"You'll have to get that later," I'd remarked, causing him to snicker against the shell of my ear. I'd later told him that it would probably be smarter to move the entire bookcase to reach behind it, but he feared other items would fall off when he did so. And so, obviously, the only solution was to wedge himself as far as he could under it, and hope for the best there.

I had a childish grin on my face as I sauntered into the bedroom. I knotted my arms behind my back, running my tongue over my bottom lip. I just wanted him to look at me; I knew if I saw him grant me with even the tiniest smile, in that moment, my heart would explode with joy.

"Aha!" he cried victoriously, leaping up from the ground and clutching the photo frame, sending me a wild smile as he turned to face me. "Got it. 'Told you I didn't need to move the bookcase." Harry set the photo frame back in its rightful position, playfully brushing his hands against each other. My teeth grazed over my lip again as he turned to me, proudly raking his fingers through his dishevelled hair.

"Sit down," I demanded gently, my hands suddenly fiddling nervously behind my back. I knew Harry; I knew him better than I knew myself, and I knew him more than I'd ever known anybody. I knew his mind; his movements. With each stride of his long legs, with every shift of his slender, ring-clad fingers - my favourite one being the wedding band on his left, of course - and with every teasing tilt of his head, I knew him like the back of my hand. Even years later, each time he smiled I felt my heart swell like it did when I was eighteen.

"Why?" The corners of his lips turned upwards, but he obliged, rocking backwards onto his heels. He sat on the edge of the bed, cocking an eyebrow at me when I didn't budge. "What?" he let out a short, airy chuckle, "Ana Grace, what are you playing at?"

"I just need to talk to you about something," I bit my lip back into my mouth, stifling a shy grin. I stood a little awkwardly, a foot or two from him. I turned my head a little to glance out of the window over my shoulder - the sky was bright, the sun shining down, but it was beginning to spit with rain. It wasn't unusual for this time of year, but I couldn't help but find it so beautifully ironic. It had always been our thing - it was like the elements knew what was between us, and they understood.

My heart fluttered as I turned my head back to him, and he caught my eye. "Love, look at you, you've gone bright red," he chuckled again,  "What is it?" He reached for me, winding an arm around my waist and yanking me forwards into his lap, causing a giggle to leave my lips.