2.5

'i fell in love today, there aren't any words that you can say that could ever get my mind to change.'

(flawless - the neighbourhood)

-

"That was your fault, that one."

I scoffed, my eyes drifting to the shattered ornament that lay at Harry's feet on the wooden floor.

"How was that my fault?"

"You tempted fate - 'Harry, don't put it there, it'll drop' - and what did it do? 'Dropped. S'on you, Ana Grace," he grinned, securing another ornament onto the tree.

"Shut up!" I laughed, and he shrugged, his grin only widening as I eyed the tree, "Do you think we need any more?"

"Sure, if you want your living room to look like a Harrods display," he mused, reaching behind the tree to switch on the lights, "though I guess it already does."

"This is the best it's looked in a while," I said honestly, trailing my finger along an old ornament; a woollen dog, thing string stitched between its head and tail, creating a loop for it to hang from the branch.

"What's that?" Harry asked, putting down whatever he'd been fidgeting with, and standing up from his kneeling position to head over to where I was standing.

"I knitted this with my grandma when I was younger," I told him, as he rested his chin on my shoulder from behind me.

"It's cute. What's its name?"

I frowned, turning to face him, "I never named it."

"Oh, come on, that's tragic. You want a dog so badly, yet you never thought about names?" he said pointedly, his hands resting in the curve of my waist.

"I never had to think about it!" I protested, "I never even met your dogs - they could have had trashy names."

"That's because I had them when I was little," Harry shrugged, "Max and Milo."

"Okay, maybe that's kinda cute."

"Glad you think so, because I wasn't planning to defend thirteen year old me's choice of names," he cocked an eyebrow, before changing the subject, "I wish I could stay here with you tonight."

"Me too," I nodded in agreement without missing a beat. Sleeping beside Harry wasn't necessarily a regular occurrence as of then, but I knew how much better I slept in his arms; the comfort I found.

A bell sounded from the other room, and I groaned, rolling my eyes, "Time for dinner, then."

"You're kidding," Harry roared with laughter, "There's a fucking bell for dinner? Absolute bloody f-"

I clamped my hand over his mouth, "and don't cuss. Come on," I grabbed his wrist, reaching up to peck his lips quickly before we headed for the dining room and I had o drop his hand, "I switched our places , I'm in between you and Tasha, and you're next to your mom and I. Okay?"

"Lifesaver, you are, beaut," he shot me a grin, pinching my bum lightly, just hard enough to make me suppress a squeal, before sliding into his seat, as I did the same. Tasha stumbled in moments later, her hair a total mess and her lipstick smudged - luckily it was only me who noticed.

"Tasha," I hissed, my jaw dropping, "Tell me you did not-" my question answered itself when JJ stumbled into the room a moment afterwards, sliding into a seat on the other end of the table.

"Shush!" she whispered, smoothing down her hair, "Do I look like I've been fucked?"

"One thousand percent," I whispered back, wiping her smudged lip stick away with my thumb.