thank you.

wow. 

i can't believe i'm even writing this, but 'rain' is officially over.

is that not literally crazy to think?

i've had the idea for this story since early 2015, and i originally wrote two or three chapters (kept as a draft) with luke hemmings as the protagonist. but in january i began writing a book on here, 'ever since new york', and i literally hated it. i'd never hated my own writing so much, and i deleted it, and decided to look back through that 'rain' draft. though i didn't like the chapters i'd written, i could see some potential in the plot, but something wasn't right. and i realised i wanted H to be the protagonist.

i've always loved the rich girl x poor boy stereotypes, so call me generic, but stories like that have always appealed to me in some way. i knew i wanted an underlying plot with a rich girl and a poor boy, but i didn't want it to take over the whole story, only for it to come back and bite them. 

the world of harry and ana only came to life at the beginning of may - three months, i've been writing this book, which may not seem long, but i write every single day, and post at least three or so times a week, which is crazy to think.

i'm so sad to say this book is over. harry and ana have been my little escape from reality for well over three months now, and to say goodbye to them is heartbreaking. for those who won't understand it - creating a character is simply pouring a part of you into somebody fictional. and to keep them alive, and control their paths for months becomes addicting, and for that to end - it hurts lmao

so harry and ana are a part of me. they always will be. and so will tasha, luke, liam, celia, and even lou and tiff. these characters, and this book will always be a part of me - every time it rains (and in england that's a bloody lot) all i can do is smile at what this book has become. every time i hear certain songs, i think of harry and ana.

and maybe somewhere, in a beautiful, twisted, fictional land - harry and ana are together, happily. at least that's how i like to think of it. not how i left the book off, oops :( i don't often do happy endings, which i'm sure (if you guys stick around for future books) you'll come to know.

i don't know what i want to do next. i love writing more than anything, and i've come to be so proud of this book, and everything that comes with it. i'm sure i'll write some more soon, but i'm kinda scared of losing all the lovely readers i've come to know because of this book - i currently have no muse, anyways, which sucks. i'll probably add to this to let you know of any upcoming projects

i'm almost done ranting, i swear sksjskj sOrry

a key thing people always said to me having read this book was 'omg why don't you get any readers' as i was stuck with only a few hundred reads until about chapter forty-five - and the answer is, i don't know. simply, i have no clue. as a writer, it can be frustrating to see books with 200k, twenty chapters, and most of them with less than 500 words per chapter and illiterate dialogue. it can be annoying, but i don't write to get reads, or to be wattpad 'famous' or whatever else. i wrote this book because i loved it, i enjoyed it, and it brought me happiness through a very dark time in my life. whether i have ten readers, or ten thousand - i am eternally grateful for all of the support i've received on this book. as i write this, we have 2,500 reads, and i'm so beyond grateful for that - i didn't even expect to get a dozen.. i love, and thank every single person whoever picked up this book whether just to read the first page and get bored of it, or to full submerge yourself in the world of harry and ana. 

and finally, what i really wrote this to say - THANK YOU. i say it all the time, but i genuinely cannot thank you guys enough for all of the support on this book. each read, each vote, each comment - seeing you guys as you read through the plot twists and surprises, and commenting your shock, or your pure adoration for ana and harry literally fills my heart with an unspeakable amount of joy, love, and warmth. if it hadn't been for the feedback i received, i'm not sure this book would've continued. i've reached out personally to a couple of people who truly changed my whole perspective and encouraged me the whole way, and expressed as much gratitude as i can. thank you, you guys.

and to everybody -  whether you've been reading since the beginning, or you're reading this weeks, months, even years from now - thank you. i can't express how much love i have for this book and everybody who has enjoyed it.

and if you've read all the way to hear - i fucking love you. no matter who you are.

i'll write again soon, hopefully. it'll be hard to write characters different from these ones.. i was thinking of maybe doing a prequel to this book, but i'm not 100% sure. it would likely just be a short story, hm. we'll see.

i'm dragging this out so much because i DON'T WANT TO SAY GOODBYE TO THIS STORY?? but i should. i really should. i know this whole post is so dramatic but idc stfu

finally, again - thank you for loving ana and harry as much as i do. thank you, thank you, thank you.

this has been 'rain'.

xoxo - S

16TH AUGUST 2018.