0.8

'sweet creature, when i run out of road, you bring me home.'

( sweet creature - harry styles )

-

"Can we talk?"

I slammed my locker shut, spinning around on my heel to see Louis standing behind me, his hands awkwardly in his pockets.

"No," I said simply, turning to walk down the hall, though my shoulder was pulled back.

"We need to talk, Ana. You can't avoid me forever."

"Watch me," I began to walk again, making it a few steps down the hall this time before Louis caught up again.

"Ana, come on," he pleaded with me, "Ten minutes is all I need."

I blinked, shifting from foot to foot. "Where?"

"I'll buy you a coffee," he suggested, a smile spreading across his face - damnit. He knew I couldn't resist a cup of coffee.

I sighed in defeat, "Fine - but it'd better be a good one."

I followed him to his car, Anders nowhere to be seen - he hadn't been so happy I'd walked home the other day, and after a heated lecture from him - I told him not to bother picking me up; a statement I was easily beginning to regret - especially on the days where Harry wasn't there to walk me home.

I got into the passenger's seat of Louis' - well, his dad's - red Jaguar, and pulled out my phone. I composed a text to Harry as Louis started the engine.

Me: I'm getting coffee with Louis :/ are you at my place tonight?

A reply sounded a few minutes later, and I was thankful for the distraction from the awkwardly silent car ride.

Harry: Tomlinson?? There's no way his company is as good as mine.

Harry: I'm at home tonight, but I want to see you tomorrow.

I smiled down at my phone, Harry's bluntness enough to bring heat to my cheeks.

Me: Tomlinson, yeah. I want to see you too.

"What're you smiling at?" Louis' voice broke me from my trance, and I frowned.

"None of your business," I narrowed my eyes, shoving my phone back into my pocket.

"Geez, alright. Well - we're here, I guess," he frowned at the sharpness of my tone before stepping out of the car as I did the same.

Louis walked ahead of me into a small cafe I'd never seen before and I followed closely behind. We sat down at a small corner table, the chairs uncomfortable, causing me to shift awkwardly.

"We can go someplace else if you'd prefer," Louis's lips turned into a smirk at my discomfort, one that I immediately found myself comparing to Harry's. There was a time where I'd have thought Louis was the most attractive boy you'd come across, but now his smirk made me uneasy - Harry's gave me the right kind of goosebumps.

Louis was somebody I'd liked since I met him, and it was only in recent months I'd began to come to terms with the fact that he would only ever be a friend of mine, and I was okay with it.

And since Harry - he hadn't even remotely been on my mind.

"No, this is fine," I said simply, running my fingers over the menu. The waitress looked tired; bored, as she took my order - a flat white, Louis ordering a latte.

"I don't like coffee much," he chuckled, wrinkling his nose as the waitress walked away.

"I know," I said rather bluntly, and as his face fell, I wanted to kick myself for being so rude to him. He'd done nothing to me directly, and call me dramatic, but he certainly wasn't opposed to the way I'd been treated by Sadie and Jake.