4.5

'in the night the stormy night she'll close her eyes, in the night the stormy night away she'd fly.'

(paradise - coldplay)

-

A.

The next morning, I reluctantly peeled Harry's arms from around me, determined to get a word in with my parents beforehand.

"No," Harry mumbled, grabbing my hand though his eyes remained shut when I tried to walk away from him as he desperately snuggled his face into the pillow, "Stay here, baby."

"I have to talk to my mom and dad," I said softly, leaning down to press a kiss to the side of his mouth, "I'll only be a few minutes."

"No," Harry dragged out the word again, trying to tug me back towards him, "come back to bed. Please."

"I can't," I laughed lightly, drawing brief circles on his cheek before pressing my lips to it quickly, "they need to know you're here, and if they don't freak out - you can come and talk to them."

"And if they do freak out?" he opened one eye, peeking at me with a single olive green iris.

"Then they'll have to listen anyway," I smiled, pecking his lips once more before straightening up and heading for the door. I swung it open, walking down the hallway and down the stairs. 

Though my mother hadn't said a word the night before, I knew she wouldn't be as easygoing as my father would be in this situation - and though my father had told me himself to go find Harry last night, I didn't want to push it now and have him take back his 'acceptance'. But I'd have to push it; I would have to push the boundaries my parents had built up, so that they could accept and support Harry and I being together.

I still wouldn't forget how they'd taken Harry away from me. They had left him and Celia with no other option, and they had done that out of spite. That, I would always, always remember - it would be impossible to forget the way they tore the one person I loved away from me, and they did it intentionally. They had hurt Harry in the best way they could, in hopes to tear us apart - and though he didn't need any approval from them, and nor did I - there was a part of me that still wanted it. I wanted the approval, so that everything could fall into place that much better. Call it stupid, call it far-fetched - but I wanted everything to be better. Harry wouldn't like them for a while, nor did I expect him to - but I knew he wanted to try, and I knew he would. He wanted it to be right as much as I did.

"Dad? Mother?" I called, exhaling in a sigh at the fact I still wouldn't dare to call her 'Mom' to her face.

"In here, Anastasia," my dad responded from the living room, as I ran a hand through my hair, pushing the door open.

"Mom isn't here?" I frowned, noting her empty chair as I glanced back at my dad, and he shook his head, taking a quick sip of his drink, which I assumed was tea or coffee.

"She had a lunch meeting to go to, and I didn't get an invite," he chuckled, setting his mug down on the table.

"Lunch?" I frowned, "Isn't it only morning?"

It was now my dad's turn to frown, "It's past one o'clock, Anastasia."

"Shit," I muttered under my breath. I didn't think we'd slept for that long - without disturbance, at that, "But I did need to talk to you about something."

"Hm?" he hummed, leaning back into his chair as I stood awkwardly in front of him.

"I went to see Harry last night," I began before he cut me off.