5.2

'this thing upon me, howls like a beast, you flower, you feast.'

(woman - harry styles)

-

A.

Celia was silent as Harry didn't tear his eyes from her, and I chewed on my lip, instantly wishing I hadn't noticed the ring on her finger - though I didn't mention it, and I'd planned to keep it to myself for her sake; Harry clearly watched me a lot closer than I'd thought, easily observing the way Celia's engagement ring on her finger.

"When did you get that, Mum?" Harry pressed, though he didn't seem angry, only rather intent on knowing.

"Yesterday, Harry," Celia swallowed nervously, sending Ben a glance as he placed his hand comfortingly over hers. I could tell Celia was anticipating a blowup from Harry, and was expecting  him to get angry, or storm out at least. But Harry just blew out a breath and sank further back into his chair.

"Were you going to tell me? Or any of us?" Harry narrowed his eyes, pinching his lip between his forefinger and thumb.

"Of course I was," she sighed, glancing at Livi and Ben, "it's just a large pill to swallow, and I would've told you at dinner, yesterday, but.. you know."

Harry narrowed his eyes a little further, shuffling in his seat, "Alright, when's the wedding?"

"They only got engaged yesterday, H," I nudged his arm, to which he didn't respond.

Ben then spoke up for the first time since I'd met him, "July 27th." 

Harry raised his eyebrows in disbelief, "You've set a date for a few weeks time? What's the rush?"

"We're not getting any younger," Ben shot down his challenge, and folded his arms sternly, causing even Celia to shoot him a puzzled look.

"Then the day after we'll fly out to Seattle for your graduation, alright?" Celia interjected, but Harry ignored her.

"Well, congratulations," Harry shot back in a tone just as sharp, Ben shooting a glare in his direction, while I let my hand rest on the nape of Harry's neck.

"Right," Gemma cleared her throat, attempting to calm the atmosphere, but the tension was already so thick you could cut it with a knife. She smiled brightly, "Livi, what've you got there?"

Shit. I glanced at Harry, knowing the realisation would've just clicked in his mind - Livi would now be his sister. She was a lovely little girl, but for whatever reason - Harry 'despised' her. I was pretty sure he liked her deep down, but he'd never admit it to me.

"I don't want a bratty little sister," Harry whispered into my ear suddenly, confirming my suspicions.

"You'd be a good brother," I chuckled, before adding, "if you wanted to be."

"Shut up, you," he ran his tongue over his bottom lip, throwing an arm over my shoulder and tugging me into his side with a laugh as I shot him a playful grin. 

Our food was set down in front of us, and Celia tried to pick up conversation once more.

"So," she said brightly, "Who- wait, where's Liam?" she frowned suddenly.

"In bed at the flat," Harry replied with his mouth full of waffles, before swallowing and adding, "I called him, and he said socialising before two in the afternoon should be illegal, and that I was an 'uneducated swine' for thinking any different."

"What's a swine?" Livi piped up suddenly.

"Ask your daddy, Liv, I'm sure he knows all too well," Harry took a nonchalant sip of his orange juice, as Gemma snorted from beside him and I bit my lip to stifle my own laugh.