3.4

'every single word builds up to this moment, and i gotta convince myself i don't want it.'

(back to you - selena gomez)

-

H.

Liam was home within an hour, and it unsurprisingly didn't take much convincing for him to come with me to dinner with my family and Bill.

"So you'll come?"

"Uh, duh," he said as if it were obvious, tossing his backpack onto the floor, though I liked to call it the 'nerd-pack', "I'm always down for some quality family time!"

"It really won't be like that," I wrinkled my nose, shaking my head as I dropped my towel from my body, grabbing a pair of boxers as I caught his stare, "sometimes I forget you're gay," I grinned guiltily, pulling on a pair of jeans.

"Gross, Harry," he whined, folding his arms, "just 'cause I go for dick, doesn't mean I go for yours."

"Fair enough," I chuckled, grabbing a black tee and pulling it over my head.

Liam spoke again, "Plus, how could you forget - never mind. Still, I think tonight will be fun."

"It won't," I said simply, running a towel through my hair, "I'm sure this Bruce guy is total shit, anyway."

"Bruce?" Liam frowned, "I thought you said his name was-"

"Bill," I nodded my head, raising my finger as I realised his actual name.

Liam's frown deepened, "No, no - you said it was Benjamin."

"Did I?" I frowned in response, "could've sworn it was Benedict.." I trailed off.

"Anyway," Liam clapped his hands together, changing the subject with a squeal, "I'm well excited, now. Let me go shower and do my hair, then we'll go, yeah?"

I groaned internally, "Yeah, go on then, mate." And with that, Liam stood up from my bed and scurried towards his own room. It took at least a couple hours for him to finally let me drag him from his room; his violent protests that his 'hair wasn't sitting the right way', and that he 'couldn't find his moisturiser' all went ignored by me.

"Liam, it's already past fucking seven, and it's a ten minute walk - you have thirty seconds to be out this door before I pick you up and throw you out of it," I nagged, heading for the front door of the flat and pulling it open.

"I'm 5'10, you couldn't throw me anywhere!" he called from his room, as I heard something drop onto the floor.

I scoffed, frowning although he couldn't see, "I'm 6'0, you silly prick - ten seconds."

"Alright, alright - I'm ready," he sighed, hurrying into the kitchen and towards the front door, "You're an arse for rushing me."

"Yep," I said dismissively, not really listening to what he said, as I kicked the back of his leg to usher him out of the door, "Get on with it." I locked the door quickly behind us, and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

The walk was far too talkative for my liking, and though Liam knew this, it didn't seem to stop him from nattering on in my ear.

"I'm well excited to meet this Benjamin guy," Liam grinned widely, "D'you think he'll be fit?"

I wrinkled my nose, snapping a leaf off a bush we passed and fiddling with it in my fingers, "Doubt it, since he's dating my mum, Liam. Bloody hell."

"What?" he huffed, "you can't blame me for asking."

"I can, actually."

"Whatevs," he stuck his tongue out at me as I tossed the leaf aside, "just let Mama Styles know there's no hard feelings if her bloke gets it for me."