Chapter Two

Allysia's POV:

The moment I couldn't hear a faint heartbeat anymore I started sobbing, my head hurt, my eyes were stinging and every breath I took felt like swallowing sandpaper. My wolf was whimpering and pacing, I couldn't help but think about the fact there was a dead child in the cell beside me, if not a child than at least a very young person. My insides twisted as I coughed and chocked on air, trying to catch my breath.

I've been kidnapped before, a few times actually, but nothing like this happened.

At most it took a few hours to be found and rescued, twice I actually made it out myself and found my cousin on his way to me. But not this time.. this time I was truly stuck, trapped in a cell with silver bars and my feet chained together, I didn't know who held the key to my shackles either. After a few minutes of my wailing I noticed my wolf had stopped pacing, she was listening intently to something, I slowed my sobs and tried to clam down enough to hear- and what I heard made me want to cry for a different reason.

Thump, Thump, Thump

I almost didn't believe my own ears as a familiar faint heartbeat echoed into my head.

"A-Are you okay?! Can you h-hear me..!?"

Silence..

"Please, please j-just give me a sign that your
a-alive over there..!"

Silence..

At this point I really started to think my mind was playing tricks on me, I've gone crazy haven't I? It's barely been 2 days and I'm losing it.  I was contemplating screaming as hard as I could and just hoping someone would hear and go check if the person was dead, but then I heard it..

The chains started moving along the floor, very slowly they were dragged closer and closer, until they finally stopped directly across from me on the other side of the damn wall. My heart was beating in my ears and I held my breath, waiting, hoping to see that little hand reach out for me. And finally.. it did.

Third Party POV:

"Alpha, Felix."

"What? I said not to disturb me unless you've found her..!" His voice was low and the words were a growl, every warrior in the room shrank away from the fuming man- as Beta, Colten stayed calm under his fiery gaze and golden eyes.

"Alpha, we have found her location." The anger turned into a cold glare at his Beta's words, his golden eyes returning to a somber grey- like storm clouds waiting to release a tsunami.

"Where is she? Who has taken her? I'm going to Kill them!" The question-turned angry statement was loud in an otherwise silent room. "She was taken at Old Tree, we tracked her scent to the abandoned prison in PineField. I believe a group of rouges have taken up residence there."

A low growl rumbled through the room like thunder. "Not for very long.."

Plans were set in motion instantly and a certain group of rouges were about to be wiped from the face of the earth, at the strong clawed hands of a Very, Angry, Alpha. And equally worried Cousin, and pack.

Allysia's POV:

The small bloody hand was so cold, it trembled in my grip and my heart broke with every little shake and drop of blood that splattered to the floor. Now is the point in the LoveStory where a prince would arrive to save the maiden in distress. I'm not one to believe that those kinds of stories are real. But dear Goddess Selene if there's any time to prove me wrong, let it be now..

The minutes passed like hours, and hours passed like years, I screamed and yelled and sobbed when that Stupid, Fucking, Sick, Demon of a man came back. He ignored me like I didn't even exist, and everything repeated itself.. the cries of agony when I no longer heard that small heartbeat, the coughing and choking followed. And thank the goddess that small heartbeat fluttered back to life again.

This happened three more times. Three. It was a beautiful Fucking miracle that the tortured soul beside me was still alive.  I like to believe I'm a strong person, I like to think that whatever mud life throws at me I'll trudge through it and come out on the other side. But compared to what this little being has been through, I now know that isn't true. if I had to live that existence for even one hour I'd break in half like a tooth pick.

"H-Hey.. I know I'd never be able to understand w-what pain you're going through right now.. b-but I want you to know I-I'm going to be right here okay? I'll stay r-right here.." for the first time since I got here, I heard a noise outside the barred window in my cell. Any ounce of bravery or courage I had upon waking this morning was gone. I ignored the noise and focused all my attention on the only way I can comfort my little friend, gently rubbing over the top of their hand. I told myself when I was little that I would become the bravest, strongest, fastest, and best Female Alpha. Yet Here I am, 21, stuck in a cell and, not able to stop someone from being tortured to death. Right beside me..

When the little hand in my grip went limp I started silently crying, not cold, but shaking, not hurt, but breaking, not helpful, but still doing my damn best to try. A little part of me wondered how long this person has been living in that cell, how long they've been getting tortured. And the rest of me was terrified to actually know the answer. Because from how they reacted; like it was routine, I felt as though it would be better for me to not know..

————————————

The air got colder, and soon it became so cold the blood on the floor was frozen solid. My chest ached and I was slightly shivering every now and then, though I had no reason to complain.. the little hand I held was shaking pretty violently none stop, at first I thought they were having a seizure, but after confirmation that they weren't- the situation became even more clear to me. They were no doubt covered in frozen blood, already just being as thin as I thought (from the size of their hand) was an issue, I know the less body fat you have the colder you'll get. I desperately just wanted to break the wall in between us and wrap them in my arms, just hold them and warm them up. But I couldn't.. the only thing I could do is hold their hand and prey to Moon Goddess that we're saved soon.

Just as I was about to drift asleep, I heard the loud door opening and closing, followed by the foot fall of a heavy set person. Glancing up through the bars of my cell, I was met with unfamiliar face. the man unlocked my cell and pulled me away from the wall- forcing me to let go of their little cold hand. I then proceeded to kick and scream and bite at anything I could as he carried me down the hall, I took one last glance at the cell memorizing the cold silver door and small hatch cut into the bottom.

My blood ran cold as I questioned if I'd ever see that door again..

Finished
5/25/2022