Chapter Four

Allysia's POV:

Those eyes definitely weren't human, one was blood red and the other a yellow orange mix. They were actually glowing too, I could see the reflection in a frozen puddle of blood. Felix pulled me up from the ground and I was given a shawl one of the warriors brought.

"They're a-alive, but how are we going to g-get the door open??" He paused, letting out a stressed huff before facing the others. "Go search the bodies for any keys. Now!" They scrambled to obey his orders while we continued to search for a different way in. Felix handed me a torch and I flicked the button, the light blinded me for a split second before my eyes adjusted. "H-Hey can you see any way out f-from in there?" No response, I took that as a no and continued the search.

Around 30 minutes passed and we still weren't able to open the door, Felix was more than pissed. it seemed he was getting more agitated with every passing second. When there were no more bodies to check and we tried all the keys I started crying again, Felix hugged me as I sniffled and tried to stay calm. "We have one last option." He looked to the door and then to the warriors.

"The first person to Break this door down gets a day off from patrol, the hinges are old and rusting. Do your best." One by one the warriors shifted and rushed the door, hitting into it with such force that the walls shook.

Finally after fifteen minutes the hinges gave out and the door caved in, The warrior who managed this quickly got off the silver door before they got burned. I ran into the cell almost dropping my torch, when I shined the light on my friend my heart dropped..

Felix's POV:

When Allysia pointed the light towards a pair of glowing eyes a small body was illuminated.
At that moment I wanted to revive the sick Bastard we killed- just so I could kill him again! What I saw made my blood boil..

This person was so little, they couldn't have been taller than 4,2 or 4,3 maybe? They were thin as a skeleton with nothing but a
dirty/bloody T-shirt on. What made me really mad was the heavy golden chains wrapped around their ankles, wrists, neck, and stomach.
Their body was covered in black and purple bruises; several burns were scatter along both arms and legs, a silver muzzle went over their mouth and nose. They looked terrified, just huddled in that corner squinting against the light of Allysia's torch.

"Oh gods.." Sia had tears rolling down her face as she stood trembling. I took a shaky breath and walked over to the small person, they also had a river of tears, I was worried they'd hurt their head from shaking so hard against the wall. I knelt down in front of them and started to unwrap the chains, they didn't make any noise and I could barely hear a faint heartbeat as it struggled to keep working. Their quiet breath was wheezy and hard to hear, they didn't carry a scent at all- besides the musky smell of the environment. At this point I was getting pissed at these gold chains and just ripped them off with my hands, it hurt but didn't burn like silver would. It was then I noticed the blackened skin that was hidden by the chains, and I knew this little person was of the Demon race..

My heart thumped harshly against my ribs while I worked to remove the rest of the gold shackles, every movement I made had to have been extremely painful for them. But still they didn't make a sound. Sia was a blubbering coughing mess behind me as Colten attempted to comfort her, this was definitely Not what she had been expecting.

"I'm going to pick you up okay? With those burns on your feet it isn't safe for you to walk." I didn't get a response, but they didn't protest when I gently wrapped my arms around them. As I stood my fingers began tingling where our skin touched, my heartbeat skyrocketed and it felt like everything else went silent. I couldn't hear Sia crying, I couldn't hear Colten talking. All I heard what the heartbeat of this little demon. My wolf went crazy, running and scratching at the back of my mind- he had absolutely lost it and I couldn't blame him. I was freaking out too, but stayed calm on the outside. My senses were screaming at me and I didn't know why until I heard it..

Mate!

That thought broke me inside, I started tearing up as I held the gaze of my little Mate. I took a breath and tried not to start trembling while I turned to face Sia.

"Let's get out of here, we need the pack doctor." She nodded and let Colten lead her by the hand as we walked out of the prison. Before we even made it out of the building I felt a sharp sting against my arm. My little Mate had passed out and the silver muzzle was burning into my bicep, I couldn't stand it and had to shift them around so the silver wasn't touching me.     When the struggling heartbeat stopped I felt like all the breath left my lungs, Sia began bawling again before I remembered something about demons. Sometimes when they're very injured they can go into a coma like state, we call that the dead sleep because their hearts appear to stop. But in reality they're just beating so quietly our ears can't pick it up, I felt for a pulse and just hoped to moon goddess I was right. When I found the pulse I was so desperately searching for my wolf and I calm slightly.

"Sia, he's in dead sleep. Everything's okay." She sniffled and nodded, trying to calm herself. After what seemed like years we finally made it back to the vehicles, Sia sat in the front passenger seat while Colten got in the drivers side, I sat in the back with my little Mate held close to my chest. The drive was long and filled with uneasy silence as we all waited to hear the heartbeat again. I had to keep checking their pulse just to stay calm, but my wolf was still going crazy.

When we finally arrived at the pack house I rushed both Sia and my little Mate to the infirmary, Colten had to help Sia up the stairs as I met with the pack doctor.

"Oh my gods.. is that..?" I let out an impatient breath and shot a glare in his direction. "We don't have time! They're in dead sleep this is Serious!" He shook his head and barked some orders at the other doctors and nurses, before taking my Mate from my arms and disappearing into one of the rooms, another doctor came and brought us into a different room to check Sia's injuries. After she was cleared we were lead into the room they would wheel my Mate's bed into for recovery, I got Sia in my lap as we sat in a chair. This has been the most stressful time of my life and I just needed her close right now, luckily she didn't protest and just snuggled into my shoulder.

I waited for what felt like centuries until I eventually fell asleep.

Finished

7/23/2022