Chapter Fifteen

Aleksander's POV:

It has been a month now, since my father found me. He's been coming for visits every 4 days. My legs have gotten much better, though I still cannot walk without help. Felix got me some crutches. He's been very busy and we haven't spent much time together at all. I miss him..

"Alek?" I jumped slightly, Trying to get the string of the dress I'm supposed to be putting on tied.
"Y-Yes..?"

"Do you need help?" I sighed, putting on clothes is still a struggle for me. I prefer dresses though they're easier and more comfortable. The first time I tried putting on pants I got really frustrated and ended up crying, then I had to embarrassingly ask for Felix to help me. I don't want to repeat that incident.

"There all done, now let's get going shall we?" She smiled and held her arm out to me. I linked my arm with hers and we started walking. We made it all the way into the garden before I asked- "w-wh-where are
w-we going..?"

"You'll find out!" I huffed, not liking surprises. We walked for awhile longer, I was getting tired but eventually we came to a stop at the frozen pond Felix told me about. At the very back of the garden. The sun was setting, and splayed across the ice was a sunset of beautiful oranges, reds, blues and purples. I gasped slightly, noticing Felix in his wolf form standing beside a tree. 
"F-Felix!" Sia laughed happily as he ran over.

"We thought you'd like to have a little fun together. Now are you excited?" I nodded and wrapped my arms around Felix's neck once he got close enough. He licked my cheek and I grinned happily, then he turned his side to me and eyed Sia. "Right, I'll help you up."

"W-Wh-What?"

"The place you're going is too far for you to walk. So, you'll be getting a VIP wolf-back-ride all the way there!"  I was too shocked to say anything at first but she swiftly picked me up and placed me on Felix's back. "Now, hold on tightly here, he'll start slow so you can get used to it. It's like riding a horse bareback! Ah, though you've never done that.. imagine you're trying to squeeze him in half with your legs, that might help you stay on."

"N-No! No h-hurting.."

"You won't hurt him don't worry, it'll be fun!" She directed my hands to grab the fur on the back of his neck, then she stepped back and gave Felix a thumbs up. He started walking slowly giving me time to adjust as we began to pick up speed, Sia was quickly behind us in only a minute or two.

The air felt even colder hitting against my face at this speed. I soon got the hang of it though and the frozen woods blurred past. Not long after we started Felix slowed to a stop near a really big tree. He then laid down, I assumed that was my cue To get off, so I slid off his back and onto my feet. It was then I realized I didn't have my crutches so I just stood there wobbling on my feet. Felix checked me over then swiftly ran behind the large tree. A few seconds later he was back, this time no longer Shifted and carrying a small blanket with him.

"I thought you'd be a little cold after that, so I made sure to bring a blanket." I smiled happily as he wrapped the blanket around my shoulders. Then he picked me up and carried me around the tree, I was shocked to see candles in the snow surrounding a hammock, and a brown basket lying on the ground.

"What do you think?"

"I-It's pretty." He smiled and sat down in the hammock with me on his lap. "I know I've been really busy lately, I'm sorry."

"N-No sorry, it's o-okay." I blushed when he gently kissed my nose. "Yes it's okay now, because from now on I promise I'll have more time to spend with you. This is just the start." He got me situated beside him and then bent down to pick up the basket, Inside there was an assortment of food items and 2 glass jars filled with water. "I asked Sia to help me make it, so it should be better than what I usually make." I smiled happily and gave him a quick kiss on the jaw, that's as high as I could reach. He chuckled and we ate in relative silence until we were both full.

After eating he sat the basket down and we laid in the hammock looking at stars. Stars are so interesting, and the moon too, I didn't know rock could be reflective.
"Alek?"

"H-Hm?" I looked up to find him watching me. "How do you like it here?"

"I-It's fun..! You n' Sia m-make me happy." He smiled brightly at that and I rolled onto my stomach to see him better. Our faces were close enough that I could feel his warm breath on my neck. "I'm glad, you make me very happy." The noises of the forest were completely lost to me as I stared into his eyes, my body was tingling with excitement. I leaned closer to him, gently placing my hand on his cheek.

"F-Felix..?"

"Yes, baby?" Everything in me was saying I should kiss him, I was so nervous. "I-I love y-you.." his smile brightened up the dark forest as he leaned closer to me. "I love you too." He whispered in my ear.

I decided to take my chance now that he was much closer.

Felix's POV:

"I love you too." Those three words meant so much to me, I couldn't help but smile like crazy after Alek conveyed his feelings verbally for the first time. But then it got even better when he gently brushed his lips against mine.

I was so shocked that I didn't kiss him back at first, so my wolf took over. He immediately started leading the kiss; I'm just glad he didn't block me out completely, so I was able to still feel everything that happened.

Alek was swiftly pulled on top of us. Placing our hands on his lower back my wolf started to bring the kiss deeper. When the kiss finally ended Alek buried his head against our neck and my wolf rubbed circles on his back.

I knew our first kiss would be amazing. But I had underestimated the Mate Bond still.

Amazing wasn't nearly good enough as a description.

Finished

4/1/2023