Chapter Seven

Felix's POV:

I squinted when something bright clouded my vision, after my eyes adjusted I realized it was their glowing eyes that had blinded me for a few seconds. Their eyes were beautiful. The red one had flecks of royal blue and the other one a mix of gold, red, orange, yellow and the tiniest bit of the same royal blue, It was magical. I must've been to lost in thought to register that I was starring, it wasn't until they looked away that It finally dawned on me what I was doing.

"Are you feeling better now?" I wasn't expecting a response, so imagine my surprise when they turned to face me and nodded. It made me happy to know they understand what I'd been saying, I was starting to get worried they might only speak in the demons native language. But now I know they understand English, that makes this a lot easier.

"That's good, are you still cold?" They slowly nodded again. So I grabbed a blanket from the chair beside us and wrapped it around them, once I was satisfied I put my arms back around their waist. "Can you speak?" I felt a sting of fear in my chest as their heart rate picked up.

"Hey, hey it's alright, look at me." They were shaking and seemed close to tears again, I put my hand under their chin so they'd look towards me.

"If you don't want to that's okay, if you can't that's okay. I just wanted to know." It took a minute before they calmed down again, so I chanced the question a second time.

"Can you talk?" I couldn't decipher their emotions purely from their expression, and the Mate Bond only allows me to feel heavy emotions. so when they didn't respond for awhile- I started getting nervous.

"Are you physically able to talk?" Finally I got a shaky nod. "Alright, thank you that's all I wanted to know." I pulled them closer to me, just wanting to hold them tight. My chest felt warm and fuzzy the closer we got and I was curious if they were feeling the same. When I was about to ask though- Dr, Riggs entered the room and immediately my Mate tensed. With the calm environment broken- I turned to face the Doctor "I have a clean gown, what would you like me t-"

"Put it on the chair- and inform Allysia of what happened." He sighed, placing the gown onto the chair before walking out. After he left I turned back to my Mate.

"We need to get you out of that bloody gown, do you need help changing?" They pulled back a little and shook their head.
"Okay, Let me get the gown and I'll face the other direction." They nodded slowly, so I got up, handed them the hospital gown and faced towards the door. It took a few seconds before I heard the moving of fabric as they changed.

I felt a soft tug on my sleeve and turned around, they jumped a little and quickly retracted their hand- looking more than slightly nervous. 'Note to self- don't move fast around them'

"Is it okay if sit back down with you?" Thankfully i received a (slow) nod. So I calmly walked back over and sat beside them on the bed. "I want to ask you something, but don't be afraid okay?" They stared at me blankly for awhile, so I decided to proceed with my question.

"Are you still a teenager?" In the time they've been awake I haven't been able to figure out their age just by mannerisms alone. When they nodded slowly I smiled. "Are you 18?" I again received a nod. It didn't surprise me because they look very young, not only in hight, but facial features as well. It was then I realized I haven't probably introduced myself yet.

"My name is Felix Abner Poíveé. Sorry I haven't properly introduced myself." My heart- beat faster when they gave me the tiniest shy smile. I found myself grinning like an idiot at such a little thing, who knew little things could mean so much?

                           ————————

I still don't know my Mates name. I stayed with him (I now know my Mate is a male) all throughout the day, after explaining myself to Sia she agreed to run things for today so I could get to know my Mate. He still won't talk but I've been able to learn things anyway. I know he doesn't like Dr, Riggs so it's been a little difficult when he has to be treated. It was a struggle to get him eating something, he was actually afraid to eat. Afraid of what exactly- I'm not sure. But eventually with much reassurance (and a good amount of begging) he finally ate.

It is now half past 8 at night and usually I would be heading to bed right now. But I don't want to leave my Mate, the hospital bed isn't big enough for the both of us, so I'm currently waiting on Dr, Riggs to finish examining my Mate- hopefully he'll be able to come home with me.    "His breathing has greatly improved, if he continues to eat and drink- I don't see any harm in bringing him home. But do be careful with his legs; I will grab a wheelchair if you plan on taking him tonight."

"You go do that, we'll wait here." He sighed, standing up straight and walking out of the room. I knew he would want to keep my Mate here for observation, but this isn't about what he wants- so I didn't care in the slightest that he was annoyed with me. I crouched down in front of my Mate. (who still won't look me in the eyes) 

"I don't have any extra clothes here, and I'm sure none of my clothes will fit you. So I hope you're okay with borrowing one of the pups clothes?" He nodded, I smiled and started putting his socks on. Dr, Riggs said Demon adolescents often have difficulty keeping themselves warm, but they mostly grow out of it by 21. So until then, I need to stay on top of how he's feeling temperature wise. And hopefully he grows out of this. When he got here I'm sure he had hypothermia, But luckily he got over it once he was warm. Because adolescent demons have difficulty with temperature, they also recover quickly once the issue is fixed.     A few minutes passed before Dr, Riggs brought in a wheelchair and we were free to leave. I made sure to wrap my little Mate in the blanket good before we left the room. Because it was winter and we don't have good heating systems, the halls and large rooms tend to get cold. It's usually only an issue for the children and elderly. But I guess injured people and young demons are also more affected.    We finally got to my apartment- in the uppermost floor of the pack house, though before I opened the door a loud crash echoed through the halls. My Mate started crying from the noise and I heard shouting.

Figures. The moment I brought him home, a loud problem occurs.

Finished

10/28/2022

Mated To Royalty          bxbजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें