Chapter Ten

Authors note:

Thank you all for reading this chapter, and happy new year!

I hope 2023 will be a much better year for everyone and I wish you all to make lots of money and eat chocolate to your hearts content.

I hope you enjoy the chapter ;)

???? POV:

I just finished getting the shirt on when I saw something move in the corner of my eye, it scared me to think maybe I was found.. I couldn't help but to cry; it may seem childish to some, but crying has always been my only form of coping. And will always be my default.

I jumped after two big hands were placed on my shoulders- but thankfully I looked up to meet eyes with Felix. "Are you okay?" I put my arms around him, still not quite understanding why his touch is so comforting. He seemed to realize I like being close and picked me up- wrapping my legs around his waist in the process. I took a weary glance at the scary corner; there was no big shadow or dark figure looming near the lamp. Maybe I'm just imagining things? It makes sense for my mind to be playing tricks on me after everything that has happened..

I was brought out of my thoughts when Allysia wiped the tears from my face. "Don't cry little one, you're safe here with us. Okay?"

"What scared you?"
I pointed towards the lamp.

Felix's POV:

We rushed into the room to find my Mate changed into his clothes, he was crying and shaking. Immediately I sought to comfort him, the first thing I could think to do was get his attention, so I gently set my hands on his shoulders.

He jumped slightly- peering up at me through his eyelashes. "Are you okay?" After a few seconds he wrapped both arms around me, I took that as a sign that it would be okay for me to pick him up- so I did. His arms moved to around my neck as his head rested on my shoulder. though he wasn't crying anymore I could tell he was still spooked. I felt the warmth of Sia behind me as she tentatively wiped the tears from his face. "Don't cry little one, you're safe here with us. Okay?" Her voice was soft and concerned. Displaying the maternal woman she is.

"What scared you?" He sniffled before turning slightly to point a shaky finger at an empty corner. Aside from the lamp and ficus tree that resides there, I couldn't see any trace of a person- let alone get a scent. So I assumed he's probably sleepy and his head is playing tricks on him. "I don't see anything out of the ordinary, there's nothing to be afraid of."

"Perhaps it was the trees shadow that scared you?" Sia offered her own reasoning, my little Mate didn't seem too set on any particular idea and just nodded shyly- hiding his face in the crook of my neck. Emotions swirled around my chest with every breath I felt against my skin. 

this was a very new feeling to me.

In fact, everything about the Mate Bond was foreign to me- having never experienced one before. Every little touch, small glance and shy smile made my heart skip a beat. I swear he could tell me to sit- or roll over, and sure enough my love-stuck butt would do it. no questions asked. It's funny how a little thing called love can make a big, strong, Alpha like me feel light-as-a-feather.

I was pulled from my thoughts when Sia hugged me from behind, gently placing her hands over my little Mate's back in the process. "It's getting late, and I think we could all benefit from a good nights rest." She pulled back and I turned to face her.

"Agreed, today was tiring. Are you ready to sleep?" My little Mate nodded, laying his head back down onto my shoulder. "Goodnight, I'll see you two in the morning." Sia said smiling, I watched as she left the room. my little Mate gave her a sleepy wave and she grinned in return. After hearing the apartment door shut we were left with silence- side from the chirping of crickets outside the windows and crackling of fire in the hearth.

"Are you comfortable with sleeping in the same bed as me?" I posed the question- knowing full well it would be hard for me to stay away from him. But the possessive wolf inside me can take a hike, my focus was on our Mate and his comfort. I didn't have to wait long for my answer as he returned a sheepish nod, still not quite making eye contact- but closer to it than before. "Alright." I couldn't help the goofy smile that spread onto my face as he took a deep breath of my scent, I probably looked like a fool.

"I will just grab another blanket, hopefully it will help to keep you warm." I placed him down onto the bed before walking to the closet in search of a fluffy blanket.

A few minutes later we were laying in the bed, I was slightly surprised when he snuggled up to my side it took me a few seconds to react- but soon enough I had his head laying on my arm, one of his hands were halfway over my chest the other tucked in between us. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep and luckily he seemed to be warm. I soon fell into a deep- dreamless- sleep.

Only to be rudely awoken in the morning with a headache as the voice of my Beta roused me from sleep to deal with pack matters.

Apparently the Alpha's of two different packs got into a fight and now I have to deal with things before it turns into a full on blood bath.
I dismissed my Beta after telling him to gather the Alpha's in my office. Then turning my attention to my Mate i saw he was already awake- His face just barely peaking out from underneath the duvet to see what the fuss was about. I smiled at the cute picture in front of me and sat up to stretch. "Well, I have to go deal with a fight before things get too bad. Would you like to stay here or go with me?"

He laid his head back down, snuggling into the pillow. I took that as a sign he'd rather stay here and sleep. "Okay, I'll be back soon. If you need anything there will be an Omega outside in the hall, you just let her know and she'll come get me." He nodded shyly and I took this opportunity to kiss the top of his head, his cheeks turned pink and he gave me a little smile.

Now i have to go and leave my Mate for two meat heads that probably just want attention.

Finished

1/1/2023