Chapter Sixteen

3 weeks later

Felix's POV:

Alek has been getting better with people recently. The Pack is really growing to love him, especially the pups. It's become part of my routine to go with him to the nursery.

We're currently walking there right now. After getting lectured by Sia I'm starting to really let him walk with the crutches. Though it's difficult to keep myself from just carrying him around, he does need to walk on his own to get stronger.

During Seivölka's last visit I learned that Alek is a special type of demon, they're called Matridealous. Derived from the word матриарх, meaning Matriarch. The Matridealous demons can be any gender but most often are female or some form of hermaphrodite. Alek appears to be just a male but to confirm that we would have to do an ultrasound. Or I could make a better judgement having seen his full naked body, but that has yet to happen.

The Matridealous are very uncommon for good reason. They can use scent glands located on their wrists to manipulate the emotions of other demons. The ring he had hooked through his wrist when we first found him was to get rid of that ability. Because of this, the Matridealous can easily become the leader of a large demon clan. Making them highly dangerous and very valuable.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Alek grabbed my hand. "Yes, baby?" He frowned, looking around my face. "W-W-What w-wrong..?"

"Nothing's wrong, I was just thinking."

"Oh.." I smiled at him and ruffled his hair, something I've noticed he likes.
"I w-w-wanted to ask.."

"Yes?" He frowned slightly as a faint blush appeared on his cheeks. "A-Are you uh.. you my w-wo-wolf..?"

I froze, completely not expecting that. My wolf was vigorously agreeing in my head scratching for me to let him out. "Of course I am." The frown didn't leave his face though and that worried me. So I crouched down in front of him, trying to get more level with his eyes so he didn't have to look so far up at me; I placed my hand under his chin and tilted his head slightly closer to mine.

"Is there something wrong, baby?" He pursed his lips. "Papa say that- that you my w-wo-wolf, am I not
y-yours too..?"

"You're not a wolf, no."

"I-I know.." I didn't quite understand what he meant. Certainly not that he wanted to be a wolf, right? "S-So.. am not yours too..?"

Then it clicked.

He wanted to know that if I'm his, he is mine as well. That makes more sense. My poor baby just still isn't great with English yet. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead gently. "You're not a wolf, baby. but you are my little demon, that's just as good." There, that's the smile I expected to see. The one that makes my heart flutter. He put one arm out and grabbed my shirt so I walked closer and wrapped my arm's around his waist. The crutches were dropped so, somehow he ended up in my arms again with his legs wrapped around my waist. I have no idea how that happened, of course.

After that it only seemed fair for me to carry him the rest of the way to the nursery. he was getting tired anyway.

At the door we were greeted by one of the Pack elders that enjoys taking care of the pups. She was bottle feeding one of the youngest ones and making sure the other littles didn't wonder out the front door. "Good morning, alpha. Luna." I smiled and nodded at her while walking into the nursery. The Pack have started calling Alek Luna even though we aren't fully Mated yet. It makes me happy every time I hear it.

The instant some of the pups spotted us they clumsily wondered over, wanting Alek's attention. I sat him down in a comfortable chair, he was immediately swarmed by five of the older pups. I backed away so they could interact with him without my wolf getting jealous. He doesn't like not having Alek's attention so it's easier for me to just distract him by doing something else. That something else came in the form of helping Angela, one of the new mothers in the Pack.

She was currently struggling with consoling a crying toddler while also having both of her twins in slings on her person. I offered to help her and was given Erica- the baby she had in the front sling- so she could properly deal with the toddler.

Erica looked a lot like her mother. Though the infant was dark skinned like her father. "Thank you, Alpha."

"You're very welcome. Is everything alright with Addison?" Angela nodded curtly, patting the toddlers back and rocking gently on her feet. "Oh she's fine, just getting tired and cranky. I'm sure after a good nap she'll be as energetic as ever." I smiled at her before she got distracted again.

Being in the nursery was never not chaotic. With over 30 young ones to care for and 11 adults, things were always happening. Admittedly I'm out of my depth here. Pups are a stressful handful on any good day for me, I do not envy the ladies that work here.

An hour or two passed of me standing around holding Erica, idly watching the hustle and bustle of the nursery workers. The baby was fast asleep when her mother returned again. "I'm so sorry about that Alpha, thank you very much for your help." Angela smiled gratefully as she tucked Erica back into her sling. "Oh I'm happy to help, think nothing of it."

We both paused as a chorus of gleeful laughter bounced around the room. I turned back to my Mate to see him now fully sitting in the floor tickling one of the pups with the help of a few others. A warm smile crossed my lips as I watched him. He always seems so at ease with the pups, I can't help the quiet thoughts that resurface every time I watch him interacting with them. Luckily my wolf is sleeping right now, so he isn't bothered by the lack of attention we're getting from Alek.

"He will be a great papa." I was pulled out of my thoughts by Angela voicing them for me. She had a kind smile on her lips. "Yes, he will."

If we ever end up having children, I'm confident he will be the perfect partner to raise them with..

Finished

4/20/2023