Chapter Seventeen

Aleksander's POV:

"Baby? " I turned away from the window to see Felix staring at me.
"Y-Yeah?"

"Can you come here for a second?" Something in his eyes told me that whatever he wanted me for was important. So I made my way over to the desk. He guided me to sit down on his lap and placed one arm around my waist, the other rested on my thigh. "Something w-w-wrong?"

"No, no nothing is wrong. I'm just having difficulty with a request and I needed your comfort." That made me feel happy. To know that I help him when he's stressed is something I hadn't thought of before. His presence always helps me, so it makes sense.

Then my brain registered what he said. "W-W-What request?" There was a visible slump to his shoulders and he leaned forward, grabbing an already open envelope and pulling a folded piece of paper from it. I knew it was the thing written on the paper that troubled him but since I can't read very well- "W-W-What does say?"

"It's an invitation to a wedding." I frowned. Isn't a wedding supposed to be a good thing? "W-W-Why stress..?"

"Because.. eh. The bride and I aren't on very good terms, but the groom is one of my friends. I would like to support him but.."

"Not her?"

"Yes, I suppose that is the problem.. we have never seen eye-to-eye and it caused us to have a pretty bad argument a few years back. She's been hostile to me ever since and I wouldn't want to bring you into that environment." I paused, thinking of wether or not I wanted to know the reason of their fall out. "I-Is she mean?"

"That's the thing, since we don't get along She's always been a bitch to me. And if you're with me I can't help but feel like she will act the same to you."
I frowned, why do people have to be so complicated?

"Okay, I'll just tell him that I can't make it. There's no point in stressing over it when he knows we don't get along." I nodded, happy that he's not going anywhere.

"Well, that is the last of the Emails I needed to go through. Is there anything you want to do now, baby?"

I shook my head, then paused.
"W-W-Well I.." he waited patiently for me to continue. "I-I uhm.. like to go outside."

"Okay, we can do that. How about we go down to the pond for a bit?" I nod happily and he stands up with me in his arms.

After we got dressed we walked down to the pond, there was a bench here that seemed to be new and we sat down at it. I swung my feet back and forth because they didn't touch the ground like Felix's. He hummed softly to himself and I looked up at him. "T-Thinking?" He chuckled. "Yes, I'm thinking about how lucky I am to have you." That made my cheeks heat up and I looked away, but soon after he gently tilted my head back towards him, his hand under my chin. "What are you thinking
about, baby?"

"W-Wh-What you said.."

"And?"

"I-I love you." He grinned and leaned down some to kiss the top of my nose.
"I love you too."

"D-Do you think I'm g-good Mate?"

"Absolutely, the best Mate. And the only one for me." I smiled at that. I will never get tired of his voice and affection. "Y-You're good Mate too."

"I'm glad. I always try to be good enough for you, you're perfect." I crinkle my nose at that.
"M'not p-perfect."

"Yes, you are. Perfect for me."
I was about to protest again, but then his lips were on mine and I completely forgot to argue.

Just enjoying the warmth and taste of my Mate.

The end!

Hope you all enjoyed, and sorry for the short last chapter.

Let me know what you think!

My next book is going to be quite a long one so strap in. I'm thinking over 50 chapters probably!

You can find it on my profile now, the name is My Love Flies With Dragons and so far I think it'll be my best book ever! So I hope to see you there, bye guys.

Finished

4/28/2023