Chapter Nine

???? POV:

The wolfy Felix growled and snapped in the chubby mans face. A few seconds later two more people came, they grabbed the chubby man and lead him down the hall and out of sight.

"Now that's taken care of." My friend sighed, turning to face the other woman.

"I'm sorry for his behavior Amber, you can go home early." The woman nodded with a kind smile before turning around, she seemed worried for a second until she looked at me and her expression changed to shock. My friend also turned to look at me as did wolfy Felix.

"Oh my.." I was starting to get nervous now. Am I in trouble for helping Emily? It didn't take long for the tears to come rolling down my face.

"O-Oh don't cry, I didn't mean.. um." She looked to my friend. Who then walked over to me, Felix also came over and pushed his face up against mine. I almost giggled when his cold nose touched me.

"Don't cry little Friend, everything's okay. Felix probably told you already- but my name is Allysia." She said with a smile, wolfy Felix licked my cheek. Somehow him being close just makes me feel safe and calm, I sniffled and rubbed the tears from my face.

"I'm going to wheel you into Felix's apartment, Emily is staying with Amber tonight." She motioned towards the other woman.

"Can I take her?" I nodded. She gently scooped Emily into her arms then handed her off to Amber. She smiled at me before turning to walk down the hallway; Emily waved, so I gave her a tiny wave back. Once they were completely out of view I turned my attention back to Allysia and Felix who were doing something weird. They were both standing (Felix still a wolfy) it almost seemed like they were having a conversation- but without saying words? After a few seconds Allysia turned to face me.

"Okay, ready to go?" I nodded slowly, she moved behind me and began walking us back the way we came, Felix followed directly beside me as we moved down the hallway.

"I'm happy you're awake and doing well, we were worried about you." Sia said, though I don't understand why they were worried- they don't know me; But it did make me feel safer here to know they care. I've never had that before..

Allysia's POV:

I walked them back up to Felix's apartment. He didn't want to shift back in front of his Mate because we didn't have any clothes for him to put on. (Not that he would mind being naked for his Mate to see, he just didn't want to make him uncomfortable.) It was still strange for me to think of this boy as Felix's Mate, but if anyone- I'm glad it's him and not some snotty brat. Now I can only hope our Goddess picks someone good for me too.

We made it to the apartment and I opened the door. Felix trotted into his room to shift back and get dressed, I wheeled my friend over to the couch.

'Can you go get some clothes for him?' Felix Mind-Linked me from the bedroom.

'Yeah sure.' Was my reply before I closed the Mind-Link. I then turned to my friend, he was looking around the room shivering slightly.

"Are you cold?" He jumped a little and turned his head towards me- nodding slowly.

"Okay, Felix will help you with that. I'm going to get you some clothes for the night, I'll be right back." He nodded again and i turned to leave.

Felix's POV:

"There we go, now it should get warmer in here." I turned away from the warming hearth and walked over to my Mate, still sat in the wheelchair- he looked up at me. His eyes were beautiful with the reflection of fire dancing around, i crouched down in front of him to fix his blanket.

"Sia is looking for some warm clothes, but if she can't find any you can wear one of her sweaters okay?" He nodded. I couldn't help but to admire how adorable he is. His skin was extremely pale, making a harsh contrast with his black hair, His little button nose was dotted with freckles that spread onto his cheeks. I couldn't see much of his neck- but it too had freckles in the few places that weren't burned from the gold. Just thinking about that horrible place sent a surge of anger through me, but luckily Sia walked back in with some clothes.

"I'm pretty sure these will fit you, but I'm going shopping tomorrow anyway so it's okay if they don't." She said smiling and handed the clothes to him.

"You can change in the bedroom, I'll help you into there." He nodded. I wheeled him into my room and over to the bed.

"If you need anything let us know okay?" He smiled shyly and nodded. I walked back into the living room with Sia.

"Thank you, If we're lucky it'll warm up soon." She nodded.

"I doubt it though, the humans predicted it'll be an extra long winter." She rubbed her arms and shivered.

"If that's the case I'll look into getting a better heating system, it's about time we got an upgrade anyway, don't you think?" She chuckled and walked over, wrapping her arms around my waist and snuggling her face into my shoulder. "I don't understand how you're not bothered by the cold, it's like you're immune or something..!"

"Your dad being human is the reason for your cold weakness." She groaned- hugging me tighter. "Figures, The only things they left for me were problems."

"And me." She looked up at me, moving her arms up and around my neck.

"You're the only good thing they left for me." I chuckled, putting my hand on her cold cheek.

"It's a pity they aren't here, I would like to rub it in their faces that you love me more." She hugged me again, and sneakily stuck her cold hands up my shirt and onto my back.

"Geez puppy, you're going to give me frostbite." She laughed, one of my favorite things to hear.

Then I heard crying, immediately we rushed into the bedroom.

Finished

12/17/2022