Chapter Fourteen

Felix's POV:

It took awhile for me to settle down, but after a few hours sitting with Seivölka, I eventually conceded that he wasn't that bad. The rumors were of his brutal violence against anyone who breathed at him strangely. But I've come to learn over this short amount of time that he was only looking for my Mate- Aleksander. Hellbent on killing anyone that was- or could have been involved with his kidnapping.

That's another thing I learned. Aleksander was kidnapped from the infirmary of the castle, when he was only one year old. The thought of losing a small child like that makes me feel sick, I can't imagine the grief and stress he must've went through. And on top of that, losing his Mate as well. He said she died from a heart attack, most likely caused by the sheer amount of heartbreak she had over losing her only child. The only baby she was ever able to have.

We were currently sitting in my apartment at the top of the pack-house, Aleksander was laying on the couch- his head resting on Seivölka's lap. Every now and then he would gently rub his fingers through Aleksander's hair. It made my wolf immensely jealous, he never calmed down. But I had to try my best to keep myself in control, my Mate was currently asleep and I didn't want to wake him up. "So, what do you plan on doing now? There's no way you're taking him back with you."

He nodded solemnly, an almost unreadable look on his face. But I could see the sadness. "He would not survive without you, therefore I cannot have him back. But, I will be in his life from now on."

"I am okay with you staying here to spend time with him, it would be cruel of me to not allow either of you that chance. However, I would request that you stay alone or with minimal people. There are far too many arguments and situations I have to deal with already. I don't want to add to that by bringing more people to the pack house."  He opened his mouth to reply, but a knock on the door interrupted him. "Yes?"

"Alpha, there have been rouge's spotted close to pack central. We believe they are planning an attack, the warriors spotted at least 5 dozen camping out sporadically. Female Alpha is already running safety protocol inside the walls, what do you want us to do?" I sighed, not wanting to leave my Mate alone with him.
"This is important. You should deal with it promptly."

"Stay in the apartment. You are welcome to use any amenities needed while you're here. Just take care of my Mate and don't cause problems."

"Konechno, take your time, do well."
I nodded before walking out of the apartment, leaving my trust in the demon king to take care of Aleksander. Though being cognizant of the danger he could be to my Mate, it was a difficult decision.

Aleksander POV:

I woke up to something warm holding me, it confused my foggy mind when it didn't smell or feel like Felix. But when I opened my eyes to see a pair of red eyes on pale skin staring back at me, the memories of my father returned. "Good morning, moya lyubov'."

"Morning p-papa.." his smile made me feel fuzzy inside. "Felix has gone to deal with intruders."

" w-wha-what..? W-who?" His smile faded slightly, it made me worry if Felix was okay. "Rouge's, they were seen close to the pack central. But I am sure your wolf can handle them." I don't know why him calling Felix 'my wolf' made me feel all kinds of happy. He is my wolf, in the eyes of everyone else. But I had never thought about it like that, it made me wonder if he thought of himself as 'mine' I'm pretty sure at least his wolf thinks of me as his. He seems very protective over me. They both do.
"Are you in need of anything Lyubov'?" I shook my head with a smile, just content to stay in his arms until Felix gets back. And hopefully everything turns out to be okay with him.

                —————————-

It was starting to get dark outside when Felix finally came back. I could instantly smell blood on him and it made me feel sick to think he was injured. Though he assured me everything was alright now and that he had taken care of it and I'm safe, I still wasn't happy knowing he got hurt. "I must return home now, the souls are restless without proper orders, you will be okay until I arrive next?"

"Mhm, i w-wi-will see s-soon..?" He smiled and nodded before turning to Felix, who was still cutting up the food on my plate for me. "I will send you notice of my return date promptly once I can. If anything tries to hurt my child, I trust you will contact me immediately." Felix nodded with a heavy sigh "of course, how shall I contact you?" They began talking about things I didn't understand, so I tuned them out. Finding it difficult to focus on anything other then the thought of Felix hurting right now. I could tell he definitely was in pain, but he was very good at hiding it. It was the small breaths and pauses in body movement that gave it away to me.

Papa hugged me, saying goodbye and promising to visit as soon as he can. Then he vanished in a blur of black smoke and it was just Felix and I. He gave me the food and sat down with his plate. We ate in a comfortable silence, apart from the fact I could still see he was hurting. When we finished he carried me to the bedroom and sat me on the bed, he was about to turn away but I grabbed his hand. making him stop and look at me.

"What's wrong, baby?"

Felix's POV:

"What's wrong, baby?" His cheeks turned slightly pink, but I could tell something had been troubling him for awhile now. I was hoping he would bring it up on his own. I was confused, however. When he only reach for the bottom of my shirt and started pulling at it. So I walked back over to him.

"What's bothering you?" He pouted still pulling at my shirt, but now pulling it up. A million thoughts went through my head in a split second at his actions and what he could possibly be doing. But then I winced when he rubbed a finger over my bruised ribs. His eyes were teary when he looked back up at me.
"H-Hurt.." I grabbed his hands and got on my knees to be more level with his gaze. "You could tell I was injured, couldn't you?" He nodded. "Is that why you're sad?" Again, he nodded.
I smiled a little and kissed the top of his hand. "I'm alright, I promise."
He didn't look very convinced.

"It's just a bruise, it will heal very fast. Even faster with sleep."
His eyes lit up a little and he pulled at my hands. "S-Sleep now..!" I chuckled lightly and let him pull me onto the bed. We got comfortable and soon he fell asleep with his head on my chest. It made me happy to know he cared so much as to be upset that I was hurt, even though the injury was little. Eventually I fell asleep as well. Comforted by his small body against mine and slow, rhythmic, breathing.

Finished

3/9/2023