iv |worth

worth

/wərTH/

noun

1. the value equivalent to that of someone or something under consideration; the level at which someone or something deserves to be valued or rated.

"Whoever this girl is, I hope she's worth the wait, don't you?"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

~*~*~*~

James stared at his latest love note with a dumbfounded expression.

"Another one?" Sirius asked, flopping down next to him on the red couch in the common area. The fire was lit, warming the two boys as they waited for Peter to finish with his study group and Remus to be done with prefect duties.

James nodded. "Yeah. Just now."

The longer haired boy yanked the red envelope from out of his best friend's hands. Opening it, he read the inside paper aloud. "You smell like broomstick cleaner and soap. I certainly fell for the cutest dope. Love, R." Black fell into a fit of laughter. "Blimey, are all of these this awful?"

"Gimme that!" James snatched the letter back, cradling it as though it were precious. And to him, they were. "I think it could be from Lily."

Sirius snorted as he raked a hand through his dark waves. "No way. She wouldn't spend that much time on you."

"Who wouldn't?" Peter asked, walking up with his bag slung over his shoulder and his tie loosened.

"The bloke thinks our lovely prefect, Miss Evans, has the free time to write him 500 letters a week."

Peter's eyes widened. "Are we up to 500 already?"

James shook his head, arms crossed over his chest as he pouted. "312 as of now." The letters had started almost two weeks ago. Not all of them rhymed; some of them were just a quick, 'thinking of you' or 'great quidditch practice'. Yet, every single one of them was scrawled lazily across a small piece of parchment, sealed in a red envelope, and signed with the letter 'R'.

"312 love notes! Lily doesn't have time for that. Besides, her name starts with an L, not an R." The eldest Black threw his arms behind his head, winking across the room at a few younger Gryffindor girls who giggled at the sight.

Potter shrugged as he ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know. The envelope is red-"

"Gryffindor colors." Sirius interjected, knowing where this was going. "Just because Lily is a redhead, doesn't mean she's going to sign it with an R."

The lovesick boy shook his head. "As I always say, a slim chance of success is still better than no chance!"

Peter leaned over and took the note- much more carefully than Sirius had- from James. "Nah, can't be Lily." Before James could protest, he went on. "She tutors me in transfiguration and her handwriting is far less lazy."