viii| funny

fun·ny
/ˈfənē/

adjective

1. causing laughter or amusement; humorous.

"I'm offended you laughed at that; it wasn't even very funny."

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

"How about we come back next time?"

Wisteria pulled uncomfortably at her clothes as she stared at the door to Slughorn's office. It was one of her mother's old dresses, with long loose sheer sleeves and a scalloped collar. The light blue color was pretty on the girl, but was not quite right for October. Lily, in comparison, was stunning. She looked radiant in her brown long sleeve blouse and corduroy overall dress. James would likely keel over if he saw her.

Lily shook her head and stuck her fists on her hips. "Wisteria Rose. I'm going to count to three, and so help me if you don't open that door, I will not buy you a single butterbeer on tomorrow's Hogsmeade trip."

"But tomorrow's my birthday!"

Lily raised an eyebrow. "Did I stutter?"

"But-"

"One."

"Lily!"

"Two!"

"Fine!" Wisteria glared at her friend and grabbed the handle quickly before she could change her mind. The pair tumbled into the room without a single ounce of grace nor dignity, drawing the eye of nearly everyone within.

Slughorn made his way over, round face bright as he grinned down at the two girls. Tonight, he seemed to have dared to bring out his nicer pair of robes, if you could call them that. They were cream colored with a charm on them to show the autumn leaves blowing through the wind. Wisti had always though Slughorn was nothing, if not bold.  "Welcome, Miss Cresskle! I trust Miss Evan's helped you find us down here in our cozy quarters, hmm?"

Wisteria righted herself and gave a timid smile. "Yes, sir. Pardon our lateness. I was reading and simply lost track of the time."

He waved a hand in front of his face as though batting away her question or a fly she perhaps couldn't see. "Nonsense, dear! We've only just begun to find our seats. Come! Sit!"

Wisteria surveyed the room, noticing a few people she already knew. There were two Ravenclaws, and three Hufflepuffs: underclassmen the lot. Amos Diggory—one of the two seventh year chasers from the Hufflepuff quidditch team, and the only one who wasn't a sore loser with anger issues—was seated next to one of the two empty chairs left at the table. There were at least four different Slytherin students she didn't know, one she knew of and one she was almost certain was the younger brother of Sirius Black. Wisteria was only aware of this because he played seeker for his house team: impressive for a fourth year. Beside him was the other open chair, but next to that sat Wisteria's not so favorite person making googly eyes at Lily.