xi | connection

con·nec·tion
/kəˈnekSH(ə)n/

noun

1. a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated with something else.

"Some people go their whole lives searching for this kind of connection."

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

It was the first time in two weeks that Wisteria had almost slept through the night.

Chest heaving, Wisteria tore off the blankets as she leapt from her bed. The sun was near rising, and if she'd bothered to look at her watch, she'd have seen that it was just shy of 6 in the morning. None of her roommates seemed to move and she briefly wondered if they'd gotten used to her outbursts. However, that thought didn't linger as she did her best to hold onto the nightmare.

Something was happening. Something bad. More than that, it was happening to her sister. Part of her whispered that it was only a nightmare, but a stronger side of her stuffed the other part into a box somewhere deep in her mind. If there was even the slightest chance that this were a true vision, Wisteria had to tell someone. But whom?

The redhead pounded the heel of her hand against her forehead, trying to force her brain to work faster. Would the professors know how to contact the aurors? She thought, but clenched her teeth. No. They would still have to escalate it to someone higher up. Time was of the essence. Who could she tell? Think, dammit! Who would be the next in the chain of command? The thought was barely out of her head before she knew the answer. In fact, it was so obvious of an answer that she hit herself in the forehead one more time for taking so long to think of it.

Dumbledore!

Wisti didn't bother to grab her robe, nor her slippers, as she raced from the room; it was a wonder she remembered to grab her wand. Taking the stairs two at a time, she nearly plowed over Julia Rhodes on her way to an early practice and tripped over Peter Pettigrew's outstretched leg from where he was studying at a side table.

"Wisteria?" Peter called after the frantic girl while furrowing his brow.

But she didn't hear him. So focused on her mission was she that she couldn't even seem to work the portrait hole. "Open!" She called, pulling when she needed to push. The poor girl was near tears as Pete jumped out of his seat to assist.

"Are you alright?"

His tone was soft, but Wisti was frantic. "No! I have to get to Dumbledore!"

Making a quick decision, Peter pulled her back just enough that he could get to the entryway. Pushing it open, the redhead didn't even get out a thank you before bursting through. "That's the wrong way!" He called after her.