xv|invitation

in·vi·ta·tion
/ˌinvəˈtāSHən/

noun
1. a written or verbal request inviting someone to go somewhere or to do something.

"Between both James and Peter's invitation, it seemed she was going to be rather busy."

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

Wisteria stared out of the train window, eyes glazed over as the landscape zipped past in a white blur.

The last two weeks of the term had seemed to go just as quickly as the train, if not more so. She'd managed to scrape together a passing mark on the Herbology midterm, and had even gotten James to look at his textbook in their last few potions classes. Sure, she hadn't ended up having time to give one last grand gesture of love for her faux love interest, but for some reason she hadn't really felt up to it since the Hogsmeade trip. All in all, grades were up, Potter love declarations were down, and she'd marked the semester as a brilliant success.

"Wisti!" Lily snapped, bringing her friend out of whatever thought she had gotten lost in.

She blinked, slowly taking in the robed girl who was clutching her brown tabby cat. "Lils?"

Lily rolled her pretty green eyes. "If you hadn't noticed, everyone is gone but you and Marls, and she's asleep. I'm heading to the prefect meeting, so Vaeh will likely be back once Remus joins me."

"And?"

"And could you keep an eye on Elton?" She held the cat out to Wisti who merely raised an eyebrow. "I didn't realize the time and I've already taken him out of his crate. It'd be a shame to put him back now." Wisteria shook her head, but took the cat who let out a discontented mew. "Thanks, Wisti! I owe you one!"

"More than one," she mumbled, but her friend was already out of the compartment. "Quick one, isn't she?" She mumbled to the cat that had begun to settle on her lap. Wisti's hand absentmindedly stroked the cat, igniting a purr deep inside its chest as her thoughts wandered away from her.

"Sick?" Nevaeh asked, an eyebrow raised at her friend.

Wisti rolled her eyes. "Duh!" A group of students dodged the pair of them as she grabbed onto the American's arm. "My hands are clammy, my cheeks are flushed and I feel as if I might fall down from a heart attack this very instant!"

Vaeh rolled her eyes with a scoff. "Oh, please. Do you think I'm dumb?"

"Dumb?"

The brown eyed girl scrutinized her friend for a moment before her face slackened in disbelief. "Merlin, you really don't know, do you?"

The hustle and bustle around them seemed to fade for a moment as Wisteria's brain whirled. "Know?" She shook her head, "Know what exactly?"

"Oh, this is going to be fun." A smile grew across Nevaeh's face, taunting Wisteria with the unknown. "Probably best to let you figure that one out for yourself." And with that, she left the confused redhead with a parting smirk.