xiii| folly

fol·ly
/ˈfälē/

noun
1.lack of good sense; foolishness.

"After all, it was her own folly which had landed them in such a precarious position."

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

At this point, it seemed almost normal to see James Potter standing on a table.

For perhaps the first time, however, it wasn't in the Great Hall. Wisteria wondered as she sat watching him if he had a problem expressing his love at an eye to eye level because he never seemed to be able to do it without being looked up at. She furrowed her brow as she mused. Perhaps that's why my declarations make him so uncomfortable? I always look him right in the eye.

Lily was trying her best to ignore him as he stood on her table in the library. Madame Pince had left suddenly and without warning. Considering two of the marauders were missing from the current scene, Wisti could only assume that there was a purposeful diversion going on behind the scenes.

"A poem for my Lily Flower," James cooed. His back was to Wisteria, facing the other side of the table where her dear friend sat clutching her charms textbook. The poor thing looked as though she wanted to cry.

"Dearest flower,
Brightest flame,
The whole world brightens at your name."

"I helped him with that verse," came a whisper to Wisteria's left.

She started, looking over at her new friend in surprise. Peter was leaning on the back of her chair with a proud grin. The two had been spending a fair bit of time together in the few weeks since the incident and had found they rather enjoyed each other's company.

"Eyes of forest,
Lips of sin,
My heart is yours alone to win."

Peter cringed. "That one was all Sirius."

"That explains why it sucks." Though her comment earned a snort from Peter, it was apparently loud enough to also warrant one from other people around them.

James paused, turning to glare at her for the interruption. "Do you mind?"

Wisteria blinked at him slowly, face heating up. She hadn't meant to be heard. But it wasn't her fault he was up there like an idiot, embarrassing one of her best friends. Not to mention it was horrible timing; Lily had received an owl from her parents just that morning saying their family dog had been put down. This boy truly had the worst timing. On top of that, wasn't it rude of him to do this right in front of Wisteria now that she had 'proclaimed her feelings for him'? How was any of this her fault? Suddenly, Wisteria was angry. Not a roaring anger, but more of a steady churning. Perhaps she'd spent too much time with Marlene that month, or perhaps it was because a tear had finally dropped down Lily's face. Maybe it was simply because Dumbledore hadn't gotten back to her with any news regarding her sister, and had only prescribed a different sleeping draught. Whatever the reason, Wisti was suddenly fit to be tied.