Chapter 2

The meeting with the Slytherins went well. Blaise was impressed, both by his magic and his intelligence, and had agreed to ally himself with Harry, who would have been the Gryffindor Prince if he was not currently hated -- and if the Gryffindors had such a thing -- and to come to the Club with Daphne, Tracey, and Theo.

It turned out that Daphne was not the Slytherin Princess, but the Duchess -- in charge of protecting the Princess and Prince -- and Theo was the Duke. It was Slytherin policy to not have the princess and the prince in the same room with an enemy, in case both of them were attacked. Harry thought that was rather smart.

Harry gave the good news to Ron and Hermione, who were torn between glee and disgust.

"Where do you reckon we should meet to talk about the Club?" Ron asked.

"Hog's Head," Hermione said at once, "remember Hagrid said not a lot of people go there-"

"He ran into Voldemort there," Harry pointed out, ignoring their flinches. "He also said there are a lot of 'funny folk' in the Hog's Head, so it will be easier for anyone to overhear what we're talking about."

That, and Dumbledore's brother ran the Hog's Head.

"The Three Broomsticks will be easier," Harry said calmly. "And I suggest we meet a few people at a time."

"But that will take too long," Hermione argued.

"The longer the better," Harry said sharply. "Do you want Umbridge to catch us?" Hermione and Ron shook their heads. "Then we meet two or three people at a time."

"How will we know who wants to come?" Hermione frowned.

"I'm glad you asked, Hermione," Harry smirked. "I know you don't trust the Slytherins, so I asked Fred and George to get a list. They are the best at sneaking around, after us." He pulled out a list, ignoring Hermione's exasperated look and Ron's frown.

Alicia Spinnet -- Gryffindor -- yr 6

Angelina Johnson -- Gryffindor -- yr 7

Antony Goldstein -- Ravenclaw -- yr 5

Blaise Zabini -- Slytherin -- yr 5

Cassius Warrington -- Slytherin -- yr 6

Cho Chang -- Ravenclaw -- yr 6

Colin Creevey -- Gryffindor -- yr 4

Daphne Greengrass -- Slytherin -- yr 5

Dean Thomas -- Gryffindor -- yr 5

Dennis Creevey -- Gryffindor -- yr 2

Ernie Macmillan -- Hufflepuff -- yr 5

Fred Weasley -- Gryffindor -- yr 7

George Weasley -- Gryffindor -- yr 7

Ginny Weasley -- Gryffindor -- yr 4

Graham Montague -- Slytherin -- yr 6

Hannah Abbot -- Hufflepuff -- yr 5

Justin Finch-Fletchley -- Hufflepuff -- yr 5

Katie Bell -- Gryffindor -- yr 6

Lavender Brown -- Gryffindor -- yr 5

Lee Jordan -- Gryffindor -- yr 7

Luna Lovegood -- Ravenclaw -- yr 4

Michael Corner -- Gryffindor -- yr 5

Padma Patil -- Ravenclaw -- yr 5

Parvati Patil -- Gryffindor -- yr 5