Chapter 5

Harry was coming along well with Occlumency and no longer needed to learn potions theory. The Yoga Club classes were also coming along well; the members were much better in their spell-casting.

Luna, hilariously, had suggested that they also learn Yoga in case they were caught. At first, many people protested, since it made them incredibly sore, but after a while, they all agreed that it helped with their schoolwork.

Several of the items on Harry's checklist had been completed, but he still could not find the rulebook for Hogwarts, and hadn't had a chance to talk to Umbridge.

That, and Halloween was in a week. He was tired of things happening to him on Halloween.

An idea suddenly occurred to Harry. It might work... Halloween fell on a Saturday....

Harry told Hermione and Ron that he was going to spend the day in the library ("Again?!" Ron exclaimed. "You're turning into Hermione, mate!") and darted off, pulling a piece of paper out of his bag. He sat down at a hidden table near the back of the library and began writing.

Dear Miss Skeeter...

----------

"What are you going to do for Halloween?" Blaise asked quietly.

Harry gave him a curious look. Blaise was talking like someone had died. "What do you mean?"

"You don't know?" Blaise said, surprised.

"No...?"

"Your parents died on Halloween," Blaise explained. "No one told you?"

Harry scowled. "Of course not. Why tell the Boy-Who-You-Don't-Want-To-Know-Important-Things anything?"

Blaise gave him a worried, puzzled look, but said nothing, just repeated, "What are you going to do for Halloween?"

"Well," Harry smirked, "I just found out that my dear godfather, Sirius Black, is innocent. He also mourns my parents; I'm sure Professor McGonagall will allow a poor orphan to spend time with his godfather on the anniversary of his parents' demise."

The boy snorted. "How long have you known Black was innocent?"

"Third year, but being the Boy-Who-Is-Ignorant, I didn't know I could do anything to prove his innocence," Harry shrugged. "What are you doing for Halloween?"

"Nothing really," Blaise sighed. "Other than the Halloween feast, it's kind of boring."

"The Muggles dress up and go door to door asking for candy," Harry remarked absently.

Blaise snorted. "They ask strangers for candy? Isn't there a chance they could be poisoned?"

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yes, but Muggles are stupid." Blaise stared at him. "I had the privilege of growing up with Muggles, my mother's sister, and they hate my mere existence. They're incredibly disappointed every time I survive a year at Hogwarts-" Harry broke off and started laughing.

"Are you all right, Potter?" Blaise asked, his expression telling Harry he thought the Gryffindor was insane.

"Muggles have these shirts that say 'I Survived ___,'" Harry explained, "I just imagined someone wearing a shirt that says 'I Survived a Year at Hogwarts.'"

"You sure you don't need to go to the hospital wing, Potter?" Blaise said, a mixture of amused and worried.

"I've had a long day, I'm just tired," Harry said with a sigh, waving his hand dismissively. "And you can call me Harry."

Blaise smiled slightly. "And you can call me Blaise."

----------

Dear Pup,