Chapter 12

Harry was furious.

The upside of the article (and Umbridge's painful death) was that Umbridge was no longer the headmistress and that Fudge was arrested. However, Dumbledore thought that because the woman and the Minister were gone, he could come back as headmaster. The Aurors were still calling for his arrest, for crying out loud! And not because of the Yoga Club, either; for repeatedly hiring unstable, dangerous teachers!

Harry was this close to murdering the man.

Instead, he threw another stone at him:

Dumbledore and Grindelwald: Enemies... or Lovers?

Many people are aware of the spectacular battle between two supposed enemies, Albus Dumbledore and the Dark Lord Grindelwald. But is everything as it seems?

The article talked about Dumbledore and Grindelwald dating as teenagers and even showed the letter signed by Dumbledore stating the famous "for the greater good." Everyone assumed the motto came from Grindelwald, but no, it belonged to Dumbledore. Harry wanted to cackle when he saw Dumbledore's furious expression.

The rest of the school was in a panic, and the teachers could not restore order this time. Classes had to be cancelled and everyone sent to their House dormitories, where the chaos continued. Harry, the demon twins, Blaise, and Severus had a secret party, slipping away to an abandoned classroom in the madness.

The next day, a group of Aurors showed up, and Dumbledore escaped yet again.

Stupid Phoenix.

The new Minister, Lucius Malfoy, placed another headmaster that was "accepted by the Ministry" in place, as well as a new Defense teacher.

The headmaster was a Death Eater named Winston Michaels, but no one could tell, because he was laid-back, good-humored, and a half-blood. He'd moved from America a year earlier.

The new Defense professor was Davido Lorl Mortem, an intelligent, strict man that most of the girls and some of the boys instantly crushed on because of his incredibly handsome looks. (Voldemort and his anagrams. Harry almost died laughing when he figured it out.) Instead of looking like a half a snake, he looked like the thirty-six-year-old version of Tom Riddle.

Harry hoped that now Dumbledore was gone (again) he would have some peace, at least until he went back to Padfoot's for the summer.

He was wrong.

------------

"Mate?"

Harry looked up and found a slightly worried-looking Ron. "What's wrong?"

"Not here," the boy decided. "Er... the Room?"

"...all right," Harry agreed slowly. He glanced at the demon twins and mouthed, "Distraction."

Fred and George grinned, and George threw a small, rainbow-colored orb into the air.

Instantly, the room was filled with brightly-colored smoke that smelled oddly of fish. Harry grabbed Ron and pulled him out of the common room to shouts of surprise and anger.

Half an hour later, the two were in a comfortable sitting room. Harry sat down in one of the silver beanbags and Ron collapsed on a green one.

"Dumbledore, My mother, and my sister have been stealing from your vaults," Ron said before Harry could speak.

"Vaults, plural?" Harry asked, hiding his anger behind a blank mask.

"I don't know exactly how many you have," Ron admitted, "but I know you have several."