Engaged to an Asgardian - Genderfluid Loki

A/n: siren pt.2 will be the next update! Also, yes Loki will be female and male with mentions of nonbinary pronouns bc who said they had to be one gender the whole one shot?

Hope u enjoy <3
_______

Like usual, the Golden palace of Asgard was bustling with citizens. The ballroom was packed with people dancing and drinking. The feasting never stopped and neither did the mead. 

Or that's what you assumed. 

You've never been one for drinking at parties with tons of others. You weren't really one for parties. Or drinking. In fact, you were known for avoiding people, so it made sense that you rarely appeared. 

It was quite ironic. You happened to hate the same thing your fiancée loved. Attention. 

Loki took the spotlight whenever they had the chance. You took every chance to escape the light. 

So, you sat in your shared bedroom alone, flipping through a book of old Norse tales. The fire crackled quietly, offering a soothing background noise. It was probably two am when your yawns got too distracting. Your eyes drifted close as your hands held the old book close to your chest. 

Rapid knocking came from the door, disrupting the peace. You groaned, rolling off the bed and shuffling to the door. When it opened, you couldn't be more disgruntled. 

"Good evening, Lady Y/n." One of the younger servants smiled and bowed before scrambling back to catch your fiancée. "I mean no interrup-" 

"You're fine," You sighed. "Give her here, I'll take care of it. Thank you." 

She nodded and struggled to hand over Loki who was passed out, leaning heavily against her. You gave another thanks as you picked Loki from the palace servant's arms and closed the door. 

"Is she gone?" Loki giggled, popping one drowsy eye open. She flopped down from your arms and tried to walk over to the bed only to fall to the floor. 

"Loki, you're drunk." You kicked her side lightly, aggravated with recklessness. She laughed again, hiccups breaking it up. 

"Yeah I am," You walked past her but her cold, slender hands shot out and leached onto your ankles. "No! Don't leave!!!" 

"I'm going to bed," You grunted, trying to shake the drunken goddess off your leg. She wailed and let go, rolling over on her back. 

"You don't want me," Loki hiccuped, pressing her hand to her forehead. "You're no better than the rest!" She cried, curling into a ball. 

"Don't you dare-" 

"ItstheTRUTH!" 

"Loki-" 

"You don't love me! No one does! You're probably engaged already with another man!" She hissed and threw a pillow in your general direction. You grumbled, running a hand over your face. 

"I am engaged-" She shot up, looking devastated. 

"TO WHOM?!" Her hair clinged to her tear stricken face. Loki lunged up, gripping your shirt desperately. "I WILL SLAUGHTER THEM! I CAN PROVE MYSELF, I CAN CHANGE, I SWEAR! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!" 

You snatched her hand on your last nerve, growling. You held up your other hand and revealed your matching rings. Loki still didn't get it as she begged to be taken back. She blew her nose into your shirt and you jumped back. 

"Goddammit Loki! WE ARE ENGAGED! I willingly proposed to you!" You threw your ruined shirt at her face. She fell backwards, sniffing.

"You did?" She stopped, wiping at her eyes. "Wait, you want to marry me?" You nodded. "Willingly?" You nodded again, watching it all click in her influenced brain.