Helpless

A/n: *listens to one Hamilton song* ah shit, here we go again.

Warnings: some strong language, slight degrading thoughts?? and possible heartbreak.

Enjoy <3
_____

Hela and Thor absolutely captivated everyone, becoming the stars of the Winter Ball. Thor entertained everyone by telling over exaggerated stories of his battles. Hela's beauty was enough for more than half the guests. 

Loki stood alone in the shadows, per usual, observing everyone with his piercing green eyes. He watched and snickered at those who practically tripped themselves to be in the presence of his siblings. He even caught someone trying to snip off a piece of Hela's gorgeous black and green dress. But he turned a cheek when Hela silently sent them into Helheim. 

Those emerald eyes never failed to catch even the slightest bit of movement, even if the ballroom was bustling. The youngest God never did anything to stop the bold, idiotic ones, just watched with amusement as they failed to impress the crowd. The times he did interfere is when others enjoyed their time a little too much. 

With a flick or a small snap, his green seidr would zap the arrogance right out of them. Though it was funny the first few times, it quickly became a bore. 

The pale Asgardian roamed around the party and its aggravating guests, staying close to the only place that truly felt safe: the shadows. He came to a stop when he saw his favorite family member gesturing him over. 

Gladly, he strolled over to his mother who welcomed him with a small hug. 

"How are you holding up, darling?" Frigga asked in her soothing voice. Loki shrugged with a roll of his eyes. She rested her hand on his arm softly. "Have you made any new friends?" 

"Besides the man who drunkenly called Odin an asshole, then no, I have not." He smirked at the memory. The man was quickly escorted but it still was quite a scene. "Perhaps I should try," 

"Loki, you would be sent off!" Frigga warned. Her son's smile only grew. 

"I get to tell off the Allfather and leave this awful place? Sounds wonderful if you ask me!" 

"Loki, please don't. Though they may not show it, everyone here enjoys your company." His mother gave him a soft smile. Her youngest prince would've scoffed but he would never disrespect her. 

"Only for you, Mother." 

"That's all I need to hear. Now, go on! I have a good feeling you'll meet someone special!" She laughed, pushing her son into the crowd. 

"You always say that!" He shouted as the crowd of people shuffled him this way and that. Thank the Norns he was a prince. 

The moment he stood up straight, replacing the softness he only showed his mother with the familiar cold exterior, people scrambled out of the way. Their fear made the prince feel powerful. He smiled wickedly as he made his way over to his other siblings. 

"Look who finally came to join us!" Thor cheered, along with his many followers as Loki approached them. "Brother, how has the evening been treating you?" 

"It's become much worse," He grumbled, swatting Thor's hand off his shoulder. The crowd laughed, thinking it was a joke but Loki couldn't be more serious. He turned on his heel and made his way over to his less annoying sister. 

"Oh, look who's here!" Hela smiled smugly as her miserable brother stopped besides her. "My dearest brother, Loki." She brought him in for a hug, one Loki very much despised. 

"Hela, I swear to the Norns, if you don't let me go, you'll find my dagger making a bowl out of your head!" He hissed, tugging away from her grip. Hela huffed, rolling her eyes.