The truth between the pages

A/n: I hope this lives up to your expectations, I love you all <3

Enjoy
_________

The moment Thor had brought his brother to earth, you two had done nothing but clash heads. Everytime when both of you entered a room, the others silently pleaded for a day of silence. Their prayers were barely ever answered. 

Some days it was so bad, FRIDAY would lock you two away into your rooms. He called you names non-stop, made fun of your height and constantly made your life just that much harder.

The worst thing was you unintentionally caught feelings for the brat. 

You bothered him in anyway you could, from tripping those long legs of his to stealing his helmet. Maybe two months into this nonsense and Wanda managed to convince you to stop playing his games, to 'Be the bigger person.' 

Unfortunately, she was right. You were tired of his shenanigans and ignoring him seemed to get on his nerves more than you fighting back. Perhaps staying away from him would get rid of the hidden feelings, too. It had worked well so far and today, you were hoping he'd leave you alone, completely. 

You sat in the library, working on a puzzle that Bucky had gotten you. He claimed he wanted to work on it with you but the others whisked him away on a mission before he had the chance. 

You sat alone in silence, just how you liked it as the others were on the said mission. Your enthusiasm was quickly diminished by the sound of heavy footsteps approaching. 

"Hm, I wasn't aware midgets could read," Loki sneered as he entered. You inhaled deeply, forcing yourself to let it go. 

You pushed out of the chair and started for the door but Loki wasn't done with you yet. He hooked his ankle around yours and tripped you. Landing smack dab on your face, you groaned as a stinging pain spread throughout your face. Tears threatened to fall as you pulled yourself up. Loki simply laughed. 

"Watch where you're going, dwarf. I might step on you next time." He chuckled darkly as you left. You secretly flipped him off as you turned the corner. 

... 

Later that evening, Stark declared on having a movie night. He claimed that no Friday is fulfilled without one. No one could agree with that logic, nor did they want to. The Avengers family is a chaotic mess, but it's your chaotic mess. It's nice to be around them without having to fight something. 

You spotted Bucky lying on the couch and waved. He smiled and readjusted his seat, patting the seat next to him. You happily took it and sat together in blissful silence as the other Avengers made their way. 

Thor dragged Loki in, forcing him to join the others. It was quite a funny scene, those two. Thor being enthusiastic and supportive, always there for you when you need it. Thor was everyone's big brother and he did a damn good job of living up to that. And then you have Loki. 

While the two got comfortable, your eyes locked with Loki's and a devious smile played across his face. He mumbled something in his brother's ear before claiming the spot next to you, sandwiching you between the two muscular men. 

"Move, mewling quim." He shoved you into Bucky's side. You sighed and asked if Buck was alright with the close proximity. He blushed and nodded, wrapping anand arm around your shoulders, encouraging the closeness. 

Loki didn't like that one bit. He was one soda can away from starting a fight with the wiener soldier. 

The reason he was so cruel was because how else was he supposed to express affection? As embarrassing as it felt to admit, he had a burning desire to be with you. But you were a puny mortal, what good would you be?