Cat Sitting Pt. 2 - final

--Wednesday--

"Loki, loki, loki, loki!" The drosy God woke up to Comet sitting on his chest, pestering him. "I want fish!"

"Get off me so I can move" Loki grunted, trying to shove Comet away.

The boy smiled and lept off him. He dragged the adult to the kitchen, excitement bubbling through him.

The cat child slammed his fists on the table as Loki rested his head against a cabinet, the fish heating up in the microwave.

"Stop that," The trickster scolded "That's terrible table manners." He walked over and straightened Comet's back, placing a napkin on his lap. "No elbows on the table, either"

The kid looked at his arms resting on the counter and took them off. He turned to Loki smiling and he nodded in approval.

The microwave beeped and Comet was finally served his meal. Before he could dig in, Loki caught his wrists.

"Like this" The God cut his meal into smaller pieces and picked up a slice of fish with a fork. He handed the silverware to Comet. He stared at it in wonder, taking it like it was a magical relic.

He bit down and his eyes lit up. He pulled the fork from his mouth a stabbed another slice, eating it with just as much enthusiasm. Loki sat down with a bowl of cereal and quietly laughed at the kid.

The day continued, Comet following the only Avenger in the tower. Loki spent most of the day reading on how to help Comet. But the boy got very bored, very fast.

Without Loki noticing, Comet sped off to explore. His first mission: find out how the mysterious metal box worked. He ran up to the elevator and stared at it, trying to remember what you did to open it.

He pressed the button on the side like he's seen you do multiple times. The cat-boy jumped back as the doors opened. His tail swishing wildly as he entered it.

It was huge! And cold. Comet looked at the other buttons, not sure what to do. He's never made it this far. Lacking impulse control, he threw himself at it. Some buttons glowed yellow and Comet was captivated by it.

He let out a shriek as the box started moving. Was this supposed to happen? Was he going to die!?

Comet clawed at the doors, crying in fear. He tried pulling them apart and panicked even more when it stopped. His tears came to a stop as the doors opened again.

He ran out of there as fast as possible, understanding why you never let him on. The boy with ears and a tail turned into what was supposed to be the living room. When he entered, looked nothing like it.

Where was he?!

Loki sighed, pushing back from his work in aggravation. He looked at the time, it was 3:15. How long had he been working? The prince shook his head and stretched.

"Comet, it's lunchtime" Loki called out, looking for the kitty. He walked out into the main room and the kitchen, suspious of how quiet everything was. "Comet?"

Loki heard the elevator ding. No one was supposed to be here until Friday..

Sneaking around the corner, daggers in hand, he waited til he heard footsteps before attacking.

"LOKI, ITS JUST ME!" Comet shouted as Loki held a knife to his throat.

"Comet?! What were you doing?"

"Iwantedtoseewhymo *hic* mmylikestogointhatbox *hic*butIgotstuckinadifferentworld *hic* andIwassoscared *hic* *hic* Idontwannabealoneeveragain!!!" The boy sobbed. He held onto the Asgardian's leg with all his might, terrified. His ears were pressed tightly to his head and his tail between his legs.