Deep Conversations - Lady Loki

A/n: I'm so sorry guys, I haven't been feeling well at all and I'm exhausted. I don't know when I'll start posting again, believe me, it makes me upset too bc writing is my escape and favorite hobby and lacking energy to even do this hurts. I really hope that I'll be able to figure out what's happening soon but idk, it's been 6 months so...

I'm sorry, I hope that this short story is enough while I'm gone.

I love you all so much, you all are so amazing and I truly appreciate every single one of you <3
_______

As a Stark, you inherited everything Tony had. The brains, brawns and the trauma, but that was besides the point. You and Tony had your fair share of arguments and fights yet you two were inseparable.

Yes, it was aggravating to be around him in the lab because he was as stubborn as a mule and wouldn't admit he was wrong until it exploded in his face. He actually went as far as jumping off the tower to prove his new suit worked. Spoiler: it didn't and you had to save him.

But inheriting everything your older brother did meant you also got stuck with the same insomnia genes he had. The only thing that separated you two was that he could still function after receiving only 8 hours of spread throughout the week with the help of five cups of coffee, monster and possibly some alcohol.

You could not.

Years after sleepless nights would lead you to finding something that might help, right? Nope. You and sleep were like magnets a five year old had to duct tape together in order for them to stick. Unfortunately, the tape never worked.

So, like every night, you found yourself on top of the roof, hundled in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate. A very common experience that you never got bored of. Sure you were - literally - tired of being awake but it just felt nice.

The crisp night air, the twinkling of the stars, and the lovely lovely moon. It all was... comforting.

The passageway door creaked and two glowing green eyes cut through the shadows. The door opened fully and Loki crawled out. And almost fell off the roof when you said hi.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" She sputtered, regaining her balance with a hand on her chest.

"Mh, couldn't sleep." You shrugged, scooting over so she could sit. She quietly did, staying light on her feet before dropping next to you.

"Me neither,"

Loki. They were an interesting character to say the least. Thor had introduced the team to him. It was quite a shock when the next day, a woman left his/her/their room. You weren't the closet with the god, no one really was. She stayed in her room or gravitated towards her brother but she was relatively nice.

She didn't cause much trouble, surprisingly. You've talked but again, you weren't close. But who were you to deny a fellow insomniac a spot on the roof to watch the night slip away?

"Do... did you have a nightmare?" Loki asked with caution, her knees keeping close to her chest.

"Not really, I have to be asleep to have one." You snickered at your own joke and took a sip of your hot chocolate. Loki nodded slowly, wrapping her arms around her knees.

Silence stretched on and on, but you were in no rush to break it. The night was quiet and being so used to it, you weren't bothered by this quietness. Loki didn't seem too bugged either.

Subconsciously, you snuck a glance at Loki. Or maybe it was a conscious choice.

Her eyes were tired, just like yours. But not. They were tired with exhaustion from more than just sleep. Though, she was blessed with emeralds for eyes. It was kind of impressive how bright they were, almost like the real gem. Her sharp jawline and cheekbones were something else to fan over.