5. Regret, Sorrow, Opportunity

The next day I got ready and decided to pay my aunt a visit. I haven't seen her in like 4 months so I decided to get her some flowers. I don't care how bad of an aunt she was. I wanted to be nice to her. After all she was the only one who was willing to take me in and raise me.

*An hour and a half later*

I finally arrived in my old town. I kinda missed it here. The people were friendly. The air felt fresh and I knew every single place in town. I made my way to our old house and rang the bell.

No one opened.

I decided to take the door in the back that was connected to our backyard. It was locked, which was weird. She never locked the back door.

I made my way to the front door again and started banging on the door.

"I'm sorry can I help you?" an old woman asked me. "Yes I'm looking for miss y/l/n" i said. Her face got very sad for a moment. "May I ask who you are?" she asked. "She's my aunt. But she practically raised me. She's like a second mother you could say" I explained. She grabbed my arm. I looked at her surprised. "Kid what I'm about to tell you will hurt" she spoke. My heart dropped. What is she talking about?

"Miss y/l/n passed away 4 months ago" she said. My eyes widened. This can't be. "F-Four.. n-no I was still here four months ago" I said in shock. "You're y/n aren't you" she said. "Yeah?" I said confused. "A few days after you left, she passed away. It seemed to be a natural death" she said. My hands had no strength left in them. The flowers I bought for her fell to the ground. I started crying. I haven't cried ever since I moved out. The woman hugged me and comforted me. It made me cry more.

"H-How did you know she died?" I asked and wiped my nose. "I was with here when it happened" she said. "She was in the kitchen when it happened. All I know is that she fell to the floor. We rushed her to the hospital where it turned out she passed away" she spoke. I started crying again. She was my only family. Despite all the pain she brought me and all the horrible memories. I still saw her as my second- no as my own mother.

I picked the flowers from the ground and wiped my tears. "W-Where is she buried?" I asked with a shaky voice. "I can take you" she said. I followed her and who knew minutes later I was standing in front of my aunt's grave. The flowers that I bought for her.. I held on to them tight.

"I'm so sorry it had to be this way. I-" I started as tears formed in my eyes again. "I always wondered-" my breathing hitched. "W-Why you never wrote me back" I dropped to my knees crying. "I was mad at you" I cried. "I called you names for not caring enough about me to write me back" I added. "Little did I know I didn't care enough about you to pay you an actual visit". I slowly got up from the ground and placed the flowers on the grave. "I will forever keep you in my memories. Please forgive-" I started and took a deep breath. "Please forgive me for not visiting you earlier" I wiped my last tear and stared at the gravestone.

"Thank you for everything" I eventually told the woman before leaving. She told me I was welcome to come visit her whenever I would like. I appreciated her act of kindness. Unfortunately it was time for me to head back to the city.

With my only family member gone and no information about my quirk I returned home. I checked my phone to see a notification: "You've been added to the group chat: Party time!"

"How did these people get my number" I said out loud. I saw that a girl with black hair added me. Apparently her name was Momo. Whoever she is, she has no right to add me to a party group chat after I clearly declined their offer to come.

Group chat:

Denki: Oh look you added the female version of bakugo
Kirishima: Ah come on don't be mean
Denki: She was mean to me :(
Mina: Lmao stop being such a baby
Jirou; So tonight at 9 right?
Sero: Yup who's bringing the drinks
*Silence*
Mina: Me I guess..

(AN: Where I'm from the legal age to drink is 18 and in the story everyone is an adult so please keep in mind there are no minors in the story!)

Momo: Cool I'll see you all tonight
*Bakugo left the chat*
Iida: I don't want anyone to drink too much alcohol, I will be checking on all of you
Kirishima: Okay dad

I was hesitating whether I should leave the group chat. I was in a horrible mood right now. But maybe a party is what I needed. If I stay at home, I'll definitely end up crying myself to sleep.

Y/n: I'm in
Denki: Wow did she just-
Mina: Whoop whoop
Jirou: We will have so much fun y/n!
Midoriya: I'm glad you're coming y/n!
Iida: I'll be checking on you too! You're a part of our class now.
Kirishima: Oooh this will be fun

Maybe these UA people weren't as bad as I thought