30. Todoroki

I woke up the next day and turned off my alarm. It was my first day going to school again with Shoto. Because he was still pretty weak, the doctors didn't recommend him to participate in anything that required him to be physically active or very focused.

So I decided that I was going to drive both of us to school from now on. I finished my breakfast before heading out.

I saw a car in front of my apartment. Don't tell me that he came to pick me up.

I made my way to the car. "WHAT DID THE DOCTOR TELL YOU" I yelled at him. He covered his ears. "THAT HURT" he complained back. I slapped the back of his head. "You're an idiot you know that" I said. He held his head in pain and looked at me with a fake sad expression. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Come on get out of the car" I said. He looked at me surprised. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Switch places. I'm driving" I said. He let out a laugh. "There's no way I'm letting you-" he started but I cut him off by pulling him by his ear. "AAH- OK OK IM SWITCHING" he said and held his hands up in defence.

"Jeez you're more aggressive than usual today" he said and rubbed his ear. I looked at him. He pouted. "I'm just looking out for you" I ruffled his hair like a little kid. "But you don't need to" he said. "I do" I said. "It's not your responsibility though" he said.

"You know" I said and looked at him while starting the car. "It actually is my responsibility" I said. "I care too much about you" I added. He smiled at me and held one of my hands. "Thank you, for taking care of me" he said.

——

Once we got to school, we immediately received stares. He held my hand and gave me a reassuring smile before we went inside.

"SURPRISE!!" everyone in the hallway yelled. There were ballons and confetti and many other decorations.

Shoto got speechless.

"What is all this?" he asked. "It's a surprise party!" I said excited. "For you" I added.

"We even got you cake!" Midoriya said and smiled. Everyone gathered around Shoto and started telling him how proud they were of him. Some of them, like Denki, asked for forgiveness for their previous behavior towards him. Everyone seemed to be getting along again at this point.

"Wait so-" Mina said. "You guys are actually dating!?" she asked surprised. "Says who?" I asked. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks.

"Me" Shoto said and lifted my chin before kissing me in front of everyone. I heard gasps around us. The heat was rising to my cheeks. My heart was beating faster every second.

He pulled back and held my face close to his. "I'm not afraid to show you off. You're mine after all" he said. I started blushing more.

"Awh do I see a little blush" Mina teased. "No you don't" I said and shyly looked away. "I always shipped you guys together" Jirou said. "I'm just glad it actually worked out" she added with a smile.

"Todoroki" we heard behind us.

It was the principal.

"I am happy to welcome you back to UC. I would like to apologise for my previous decision of expelling you. You have proven that you are indeed a true hero. Someone who can save others and isn't scared to risk their own life for them" he said and put a hand on Shoto's shoulder. "That's why I'm giving you this" he said and put a medal around Shoto's neck.

Everyone looked at him surprised. "It's the medal of honour. Only pro heroes are able to win this. But you, Shoto, deserve it more than anyone" he said.

I smiled at Shoto. He held the medal in his hand and examined it. "Wow" he said under his breath.

The rest of the day consisted out of eating, drinking, talking, and lots of fun activities. Despite Shoto not being allowed to participate in any of the physical activities. He really enjoyed watching the rest of the people have fun.

——
After school, we both made our way to my car. "How was today?" I asked as I put my arms around his neck. I gazed into his eyes. He was getting lost in mine. "Have I told you that you're beautiful" he said all of a sudden. I was taken by surprise by his sudden choice of words. "I- um.. yes.. you did" I nervously said. "Well let me repeat myself then" he chuckled. "Y/n you're so beautiful" he said. "I could look at you all day and still not get enough. When I woke up at the hospital. I wanted to see your face again" he said. "So badly" he added.

I grabbed his hands and gently squeezed them. "I'm here" I said. "I'm here for you whenever you need me" I added. He pulled me in for a hug. I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck. "I love you" he whispered. "I love you too" I said and kissed his cheek.

We got in the car and I drove him home. "I want you to come inside" he said. I froze in my seat. "You mean now?" I nervously asked. He nodded. "I don't know Shoto, you're dad will probably send me away or get mad at me" I said. "That's a problem for me to handle. Don't worry about anything" he said before grabbing my hand and leading me to their front door.

He pulled out his key and opened the door. His sister and brother were both sitting in the living room. They looked at us surprised. "Y/n!" his sister said. "Hi Fuyumi" I smiled at her. "You both seem to be doing pretty well" his brother Natsuo spoke. I smiled and nodded.

"So you've decided to step foot inside my house after what you did" I heard behind me. My entire body froze in place. I didn't dare to turn around.

His father walked up to us. "Just because Shoto got accepted back into UC doesn't undo the physical and mental damage that you've caused to this family" he said. I looked at the floor out of shame and embarrassment.

"You're right" I said ashamed. "No matter how many times I apologise it will never be enough. What I did to Shoto and therefore also to you guys as his family, is unacceptable. I want to properly ask for forgiveness" I said and got on my knees.

Shoto looked at me in shock. "Y/n you don't have to do this" he said. "Yes she does" his father spoke. "I'll think about whether I will forgive you. Until then, I don't want you to step foot inside my house" he said. I clenched my fists. I looked at the floor.

It's what I deserve.