Chapter 18

'Hames, she's not a baby, she can be by herself.' My inner mind (if that's a thing) said to me. 

"Aren't you leaving?" She stared at me again with bored eyes. 

Without a word, I turned around and took my leave. Mom hadn't stopped calling. The call ended but she called again almost immediately. 

When I was certain I had reached a spot where the noise from the club wasn't going to serve as a disturbance, I finally answered her call.

"Hi, Mom." I said in a gentle tone. 

"Wow, not a grumpy response. Lemme guess, you're not engulfed in work-related stuff at the moment?"

"Yeah."

"Explains it all," she chuckled. 

"Do you need something?"

"I don't need something, someone else does."

I raised a confusing brow at her. Knowing she couldn't see me, "someone?" 

"Yes, Amanda. She's here and she has the same complaint as me. She said she has arrived for a while now but you haven't been paying attention to her. You didn't even tell her you're now in Australia while she had a surprise for you today. She wanted to pay you an unexpected visit with the surprise but you weren't home, now she's here, pouring out her anger at me."

"Amanda is so bothersome." I chuckled. "She's absolutely aware of the fact that I'm always so busy. Why on Earth would she pay me an unexpected visit? Did she just know me last week or something?" 

"Whatever, she's mad at you."

"She's been mad at me for a while now, not a new thing." I shrugged. "Anyway, I totally forgot to let her know I'm in Australia, please tell her I apologize. I'm out with my girlfriend now, we're spending time together so I'll speak with you later. Bye."

"Aww, so romantic. I love you."

"I guess I love you too. Bye."

"You're so stupid." With that and a chuckle, she ended the call.

I chortled, waited for a while to check up on important messages. My email was bombarded with important work-related mails. I wasn't ready to return to work so I only replied to a few of them that were quite easy to handle at the moment, before I finally returned my phone to my front pocket. 

I struted back to the club, strolling back to my seat. "Oh no." I muttered, realizing Imogen wasn't in her seat anymore. I was gripped by the hands of fear when I observed the bottles on the table were empty.

I scanned everywhere, scuttling away in search of Imogen. Frustration was already building up in me, I hated situations like this. 

I suddenly heard people cheering behind me. I immediately pivoted. Imogen was around a couple of people, mostly men, dancing in the most sultry, seductive, and annoyingly sexy way. Her crazy dance made me wonder if she was secretly an exotic dancer. With one glance at her, anyone could tell she was SO drunk.

A man slowly walked up to her. The stupid smirk he had on reminded me of who he was; the idiot from earlier who had been gazing at Imogen with lust-filled eyes. 

I began storming towards them. He already wrapped an arm around her from behind, dancing with her lustfully.

My brain was about to explode, my blood was boiling in 3000 degree celsius. I internally died when he turned her around and cupped her butt cheeks.