Chapter 78

~ 5 MONTHS LATER ~

~ HAMES ~

My poor heart was beating really fast as Imogen was struggling to get Tristan's head out of her tiny hole, groaning and sweating. I felt helpless. I wanted to help her with the pain but all I could do was hold her hand really tight, muttering soothing words to her.

Her fingernails were digging into my skin. It was hurting but I knew the pain was nothing compared to hers. It felt like I could feel her pain, my heart was aching, I was very sweaty.

"Don't worry, baby. Please stay calm." I continued to comfort her

"Hames," she cried, breathing heavily.

This was definitely the scariest moment of my life I was never going to forget. I hoped nothing terrible happened to her or Tristan in the process.

She wiggled her hand and I thought she wanted me to let go so I did.

"Hames, please don't leave me, the pain would worsen." She screamed.

I quickly held her hand again, rubbing it. "Don't worry, I'm here for you, I'm not leaving your side."

"We're never having a baby again." She said breathlessly, still struggling to get Tristan out. I didn't realize she was going to be in so much pain and there was nothing I could do to help her.

The scariest part of my life continued till I heard the loud cry of our beautiful baby.

I felt like shedding tears of joy as our little Tristan was placed on Imogen's chest.

I knew babies were always small immediately after birth but I didn't realize he was going to be this small. Maybe the image in my head was probably the size of a 6-month-old baby.

A weak smile crept up to Imogen's face as she held him.

"Tristan," she called with her eyes letting out tears of joy.

My body that was previously dwelling in worry was now filled with extreme joy, I was almost shedding tears of joy to have my whole family with me right now.

"Tristan, he's so cute." I kissed Imogen's forehead and Tristan raised his small head to me. "Wow, he recognizes my voice." I grinned. Believe me when I say that I was the happiest man on Earth right now, my heart was swelling with pride and happiness.

"Your communication worked, I think." She chuckled.

"Imogen, I love you so much. You've made me the happiest man in the world."

***

~ IMOGEN ~

"Hames, having a baby is definitely a lot of work." I sighed after changing Tristan's diaper for the umpteenth time.

He chuckled, taking a seat beside me on the couch. "It's actually very cute and amazing to me."

"I know but it's also hard; changing diapers, sleeping late. Nevertheless, I really love him and I'm certain I'll get used to it because he's too cute." I tickled Tristan's tummy with a smile. Oh yeah, my cute baby had a cute and small birthmark on his tummy.