Chapter 44

Squinting my eyes at her, I opened the door wider and let her walk in. 

She walked towards Hames, swaying her hips. If it made any sense, she was swaying her hips excessively and I didn't like that. 

I shut the door then sauntered to stand in front of Hames, folding my arms across my chest. After casting a glare at the woman who was now beside me, "may I know what sort of business you have with her?" I asked.

"I don't think it's any of your business, Imogen." He replied crankily. 

My face contorted pretty bad. "It's my business because I'm your wife, and secondly your secretary."

"Oh no, it's not that kind of business. It's a personal business." He smiled at the woman (a smile I hadn't received today). 

"Who are you and what business do you have with my husband?" I asked her instead. 

"I'm Lucie Babin. I'm—"

"Lucie, you don't have to give her an answer. Please come." He extended his hand to her.

She returned his smile, stretching her hand to lace her fingers with his. 

Effortlessly, he pulled her closer to him and made her sit on his lap. 

A gasp left me and my jaw dropped to the floor. "Wh—what's going on here?" I managed to speak. 

"I don't feel the need to give you an answer but I'll let you know that a few months before I got married to you, I was a playboy." He brushed her hair away from her face, gently rubbing her cheek with the back of his finger which made her giggle, crossing one of her legs over the other (smooth skin show off!)

I felt an explosion happen inside me and my brain began to throb. My heart went wild in anger. I thought he claimed to have loved me for two years. "Two years? Liar." I scoffed. 

"I know I said I've loved you for two years but I'm a man, and needed to get rid of my frustrations. If my wife doesn't appreciate my efforts after our marriage then I guess I'll return to my old ways." Lucie held his shoulders, giggling and blushing. "You're so beautiful."

My fists had clenched to the point of my fingernails almost digging into my skin. How dare he call another woman beautiful in my presence?

"Thank you so much. You're way handsome too. You're damn hot and make me feel…" she trailed off, bit her lower lip flirtatiously, shut her eyes and moaned after exhaling. "Gosh, I can't explain."

"Wow, such an amazing voice. Your French accent compliments your extremely beautiful self. I've never met any woman more beautiful than you." 

"This is inappropriate." I said through gritted teeth, feeling the need to smash glasses. I felt like a bomb that could blast anytime soon.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Hames asked with a smug smile. 

"Jealous?" I scoffed. "Why on Earth would I be jealous?"

"Then you won't mind…" he pecked her cheek while she wrapped her arms around him. My blood boiled to 3000°C, I could feel it. 

"Hames," my body began to vibrate with anger. I was feeling insulted and didn't like it. 

"You're not jealous, you shouldn't be at all. It's not like you mind, right? Could you please give us some privacy?" He held her waist, tracing lines on her arm. "You can go to Faith's hotel room. I've got serious business here with someone who would appreciate the slightest thing I do."

I breathed furiously. "Yeah, you're right. I don't care, not at all. You're nothing but a big jerk and I care less about you or whoever you choose to spend your time with. I was about to leave anyway." I huffed again and took my leave, slamming the door.