Chapter 75

~ NIKITA ~

My phone started ringing from my purse.

Like the depressed bitch I was, I frustratedly slipped it out of my purse and answered the incoming group video call from Imogen.

"Hey, Nik. Hey, Lil." Imogen's cherry voice made a smile finally appear on my face.

"Hi, babe." I waved, taking a seat on a chair.

"Hi. What's up?" Annoying Lila spoke, sipping from a juice box.

"I'm really cool. It's been a while since we've had a group video call so I decided to do it now." She was clearly walking as she spoke. "Faith is here too." She moved the camera to Faith's face.

"Hi, Faith." Lila waved.

"Hi." Faith waved both hands at us, smiling like a child.

"Faith and I are taking a stroll. We just went shopping and returned everything to the car then we're taking a stroll now, I feel so energetic." She flexed her muscles.

"You look really hot." I complimented, paying attention to her outfit.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, true. I noticed the men behind you were staring and fainting. Hames must be so mad if he finds out." Lila laughed.

"He'll definitely be." She joined her to laugh. "Where are you, ladies?"

"Of course I'm at home, the salon is closed today, again." I replied with a yawn.

"I'm at Kades' right now. Imogen, you won't believe Kade asked me to go with him on a romantic business trip to Paris, I'm so excited."

"I thought there was nothing between you." Imogen asked with curled eyebrows.

"I haven't told you yet?"

"Told me what?"

"I totally forgot- Kade and I have made our relationship official. He jumped into my room through the window late at night with a bouquet of roses, asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed because it's definitely what I want." She giggled, bringing hurt upon my soul.

"Wow, I'm so happy for you! I can't believe your boyfriend stole my idea; I wanted to plan a nice vacation for the three of us only, maybe to Paris too, or somewhere else, but it's fine. We might have to wait till after Tristan is 1-year-old or more." She giggled.

"Aw, that's sweet of you."

"Please tell me more about your progress with you and Kade."

"I think I'll hang up now, I have to attend to something urgently. Bye." I ended the call, returning my phone to my purse.

Burying my head in my palm, I couldn't help but feel more frustrated about how these crazy emotions were disturbing my life. From Dash to Kade, to rejection, to craziness.

I couldn't take this anymore. I needed to get out and drink my life away. Maybe love wasn't meant for me. I give up on that shit. Going around with different men without fear of commitment was what I needed right now.

***

"Nikita?" A familiar masculine voice called.

No, no! I definitely didn't want to see anyone, especially not... I raised my head to... Rob.

"What do you want? Why are you here again?" I frowned.

"How drunk are you?" He asked, taking a seat beside me.

"I've only had a few glasses, I'm just tipsy." I poured myself another glass.

He poked my shoulder with his fingers and I was quick to slap it away. "What was that for?!" I snapped.