Summoned

Above is a picture of how I imagine-ish  Raiden, but with a scar, as described in previous chapters. What do you think?

Raiden

The slaves serving our meals waited patiently near the wall, like shadows. She was not amongst them. Would she be in the kitchen, or cleaning the pens? If Uma sent her to clean the pens, I'll have to have a word with her. I couldn't understand why, but I wanted Dawn close. I wanted to see her, to touch...

"Attention, please!" The prince got on his feet. I tore my eyes of the slaves and shifted in my chair. My food remained untouched, as my drink.

The chatting stopped and everyone in the great hall paid attention.

"Liam, you should move your chair." Rhys said.

"Lord?" The warrior uttered, puzzled.

"You should dine at my right from now on."

Liam's face lighten up as a smile appeared. He looked all most sick, like his face was hurting and he was stretching too hard his face bones. That man shouldn't be allowed to smile, I thought to myself. He doesn't know how. Fortunately, there were no children around to run scared and piss themselves at seeing his smile.

"I, Prince Rhys of Dirae, name you, Liam, First Aga of Dirae. May you be wise and firm, and may you carry this title with honor!"

I stood up and lift the cup in the air. "To Liam, our First Aga!"

"To Liam, our First Aga!" the warriors cheered in unison.

I forced myself to a gulp and sat again in my chair. Liam moved to the raised platform where me and my second were.

Before he sat, he bowed to us.

"Thank you, my King! I will not disappoint, my Prince!"

"Tomorrow, after the mid- morning trainings, you will have the ceremony." Rhys spoke. And then, we must talk."

"Of course, lord." Liam answered while a woman brought his plate and cup from the table he was sitting before at.

They chatted for a while and I ignored them. My mind was occupied with a certain slave girl. I subdued the urge to go and see where she was, what she was doing. Did she have anything to eat? No, slaves were eating what remained after the platters were passed from the high seats through the hall till the last warrior, that was the hierarchy rule.

I pushed the plate aside and, getting up, I walked to the solar. I had to prepare everything for the risky journey. It might be a trap, and I might never come back from it. So was it wise to take Rhys with me? If I die, he will be king, and I knew he will make a good one. But if we both die... And Dawn, what becomes of her without me in their way?

"Raiden!" someone shouted.

I turned around to see Rhys leaning in the doorframe with arms crossed on his chest.

"What?" I asked, irritated. "Don't you ever sneak upon me like that!"

"Sneak? How in the bloody hell one sneaks upon a big bloody wolf like you? I called three times!"

"I was... thinking." I said. "Is everything all right?"

"You were thinking... of what? Was it a blonde slave? Or of finally shaving and cutting that mess of hair that you have on your face and head? You know, the tarians might mistake you for a bear..."

I growled, frustrated. "Why would I think of her? We have things to do." But he was right. With both his assumptions. And that irritated me.

Rhys stepped in and shut the door with his foot. As I sat at the desk, he poured himself a drink and sat himself in a chair.