AveryKeelan

Today we're featuring a little bit of romance as we shine the spotlight on AveryKeelan!

Q: Of the stories you've written, which one is your favorite?

A: Offside, simply because I've taken the most risks as a writer in terms of the story and characterization. The hero Chase is a very strong personality and he can be a little divisive, but I love him.

Q: What was your inspiration for it?

A: Actually, my husband helped me brainstorm the plot for Offside. I was talking about writing another hockey story and he suggested the rival schools angle. I brainstorm with him a lot. He's not a writer but it helps to get outside opinions.

Q: How do you plan out your stories?

A: Very loosely. When I begin a story, I have an idea of landmarks along the way and I always know how it ends (happily ever after is a must because I write genre romance). Other than that, I'm largely a discovery writer and find stories take unexpected turns depending on where the characters lead me.

Q: Do you have a favorite author on Wattpad? If so, who? What story is your favorite?

A: Oh, so many! Lizaalewis is my friend and I'm loving her ongoing story Milo right now. Tashajadewrites is fantastic too, Back to You was a really sweet story.

Q: What do you hope your readers will like best about your stories?

Feels! All the feels. I want to make readers laugh, cry, and swoon.

Q: Do you have a message for your readers?

My readers are amazing and so supportive, so I would thank them for all the comments, reads and votes. Readers are truly the thing that keeps me going.

About the Author

Q: How long does it take you to write a book? Anywhere from years to 4 months (Offside being the 4 month book) What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

A: A little chaotic, like me. For me, writing inspiration is very organic and I can't force it. So sometimes, I have lulls and sometimes I have really productive days. I try to write every day, but it isn't always Wattpad material. I also have a lot of work offline.

Q: How do you handle writers' block?

A: Coffee and tears! Haha. I try to listen to music that fits the scene I'm working on to get my head back into the story. Or I will write something else, just to keep the creative juices flowing. Sometimes a break is needed to, binging a Netflix series can give your brain a rest and refill the creative well. What's up next in terms of projects? Once I finish Offside, I'm going to focus on finishing Dangle and then On Tilt, which is in my profile already. I have a new hockey book planned for later this year as well.

Q: What are your goals as an author?

A: I would love, love, LOVE to hold a physical copy of one of my books in my hands someday. Being able to put a book of my own on my bookshelf at home would be everything. And of course, a movie adaptation would always be nice too.

About the Story

When a single mother working at bars with barely enough money to get by meets a man with everything money can buy, the sparks start to fly. Read Dangle on our Featured reading list to see how this steamy romance unfolds!

Q: What do you like most about Hunter and Fallon?

A: I like the character arc for Hunter a lot because he starts off as a spoiled rich kid who doesn't take anything seriously, but when his world collides with Fallon's, he does a pretty abrupt 180 and grows up fast. Fallon is great because she's such a strong female character who's had to provide for herself and her 3 year old son, but letting Hunter in emotionally and allowing herself to be vulnerable takes a lot of growth.

Q: Are any of the characters based off of people you know?

A: No, they just come from my crazy imagination.

Q: When writing their romance, did you look to a real-life example?

A: Not the romance part, no. The parts with her son are based on my real-life experiences as a parent.

Q: What is your favorite scene? Why?

A: Ooh, it's like picking a favourite child. I have a few so I'm going to cheat and list them all. First, their first kiss in Lips Like Cherries! I think it's pretty swoony. Also, their first date in chapter 17. But my ALL time favourite will be the epilogue that hasn't been published yet as it's really sweet.