Shrya1712

Shrya1712 is a new, up-and-coming author, and we have the pleasure of bringing you the interview!

Q: What prompted you to post your first Wattpad story?

A: I'm going to be totally honest, it was more out of adrenaline. I hadn't thought of writing an actual book, like ever. One evening I just sat down and began writing until I was done with the first chapter and uploaded it straight away. I didn't think twice. That's when the idea popped in my head to actually make a book out of it.

Q: What inspired it?

A: Being a fiction lover, I had dreamt and lived numerous lives in my own head and I tried to bring them into life in this story. Maya is so much like me, the way I think and the way my insecurities take a toll on me. I shaped her almost like me and so this book is really special to me, no matter how it is. I wanted to be out and wanted to connect to more people.

Q: How do you plan out your stories?

A: There is no proper plan for it. I am a more 'go with the flow' writer. I write scenes that fit better with the flow so that nothing would feel forced.

Q: Do you have a favorite author on Wattpad? If so, who? What story is your favorite?

A: I cannot even start with the list. I discovered Wattpad last year when I was too invested in reading 'The Kissing Booth' and knew about the origin so I would thank Beth Reekles in a way. I love her books. I liked Ana Todd, Yuen Wright, Genicious, Aamenah. I can go on.

It's so difficult to choose one favorite book so I wouldn't comment on that ;)

Q: What do you hope your readers will like best about your stories?

A: I really wish readers would find a sense of refreshment and something new while reading my book. I really hope they can connect and relate to the characters as I do. Though it is my first book and I have a long way to go so even if they don't, I hope one day I will write a story that will :)

Q: Do you have a message for your readers?

A: I started this story as an escape from my real life by dumping all my insecurities in Maya and while I made her conquer her insecurities and fear, it kinda helped me overcome mine and accept my true self. You might feel like the most unattractive person or you are not good enough and never can be. Trust me, I feel it all the time. But to achieve what you really want that you hold yourself back from, you need to accept yourself, your whole self, that includes your flaws and anxieties and insecurities. It's just a part of who we are. We don't have to be perfect. We just need to be happy and love ourselves just the way we are.

About the Story

Maya Matthews is called the description of perfection, but she hides her demons. Shawn Daniels is a perfect storm and carefree. What happens when these polar opposites cross paths? Find out in Facade of Perfection on our Featured reading list!

Q: What do you like most about Maya and Shawn?

A: Like I have mentioned, I shaped Maya almost like me. The same insecurities, the same fears. While I am still in the process of it, I like how she was strong and bold enough to confront her past and demons. I appreciate how strong and kind-hearted she is and I really wish someday I would be too. Now talking about Shawn. I think he is the perfect guy. At least for me, lol. I like how wholesome he is and respects everyone around him and how loving he is. I love how supportive he is and I really wish everyone has one Shawn in their lives, be it in the form of a partner, a friend, or a sibling. I love them both. They are my babies.

Q: Are any of the characters based off of people you know?

A: Do imaginary people in my head count? XD

Haha, to be honest, not really. I had been an introvert all my life and never really had the chance nor the will to go out and meet different people. Though I am working on it, they are not based on any people I know.

Q: What is your favorite scene? Why?

A: The proposal scene. Hands down.

I am a hopeless romantic and a sucker for happy endings. I can't help it. I had always imagined a set up where the girl would get on her knees to ask a guy out and break the cliche because why not? I think it should go both ways and I really really loved the things she did for him, like I would love somebody to do that to me lol. But yes, I think it was the most wholesome thing I've written and it might be the cheesiest, I love it.