Evergreen_Ebony

Evergreen_Ebony is a writer of multiple genres, and had two stories featured in the Open Novella Contest.

Q: Of the stories you've written, which one is your favorite?

A: I find it difficult to choose a favourite story. They're all special to me in unique ways.

Q: What is your inspiration for your stories?

A: My stories are inspired by a mixture of real life experiences and fantasy.

Q: How do you plan out your stories?

A: I'm a 'pantser.' I plan the general concepts of a story and add new ideas as I write.

Q: What genre do you feel is your best genre?

A: I think it's a tie between romance and fantasy.

Q: Do you have a favorite author on Wattpad? If so, who? What story is your favorite?

A: There are so many Wattpad authors that I admire, but my all time favourite author is Prof Wole Soyinka.

Q: What do you hope your readers will like best about your stories?

A: I hope my readers will like my diverse casts and strong female protagonists.

Q: Do you have a message for your readers?

A: I would love to say that I appreciate them so much and thank you all for supporting me in my journey as a writer.

About the Author

Q: You have two stories featured in the Open Novella Contest: one is an English Novella, 'Turn the Paige', a teen fiction/romantic comedy that is a shortlister and an ambassadors pick; the other is an Africa novella, 'JAGUNLABI', a paranormal thriller and an ONC Africa winner (Spotlight Story). Tell us what your experience doing the ONC was like.

A: It was my first attempt at the ONC and the structured deadlines were stressful but worked well for me.

Q: Tell us a little more about yourself as a writer.

A: My strengths include: Ability to write a variety of genres, descriptive prose.

Weaknesses: Editing my own stories (I don't enjoy it at all :) ).

Q: Tell us a little more about yourself in general.

A: Likes- Music, travelling, science, and art and crafts

Dislikes- Oppression or injustice of any kind. If we all treated others how we wanted to be treated, the World would be a better place irrespective of our race, religion or orientations.

Q: Do you have any advice for other writers?

A: I've learnt a lot of valuable lessons and evolved as a writer from constructive criticism. However, some critics tear down based on personal bias or without any helpful ideas to build up. Learn to be objective and don't be discouraged.

About the Story

Passionfruit Dreams at Paradise Beach is the tale of two lovers that used to be finding each other once again - but will it last? Or will this romance fall apart?

Q: What do you like most about Barbara?

A: Barbara is an ambitious, independent woman but she still loves the simple things in life

Q: Are any of the characters based off of people you know?

A: Barbara's family and upbringing in Sydney is loosely based on my own experience.

Q: What inspired Trenton and Cillian's characters?

A: Trenton and Cillian are inspired by old friends and a lot of fiction :)

Q: Having a soundtrack is common, especially when music is in the story. Was there anything specific you listened to when writing?

A: I listen to INXS, Savage Garden, Jimmy Barnes and many other Aussie artists l love. It helps me to visualize the scenes.

Q: What is your favorite scene? Why?

A: My favourite scene in Passionfruit Dreams at Paradise Beach is Barbara and Trent's first date after their reunion. I think how they opened up about what they had missed in each other's lives on board a yacht was sweet.