27; Free Falling

"I could figure out a few ways to keep you warm,"

Justin's POV:

"Should I break it?" I asked Hazel as I twirled the DVD on the tip of my forefinger, my feet stepping across from my room door to hers that was open.

She looked up from removing her necklace, her eyes trained on the silver disk that was turning on my finger before averting her gaze up to me.

"It could be used as evidence," She said to me quietly, dropping the jewellery onto the dresser and walking to her bed before sitting on the edge of it at the same time I leaned against her door frame.

"True," I said looking down at it.

It was just a plain DVD, like one you would burn music or videos onto - or in this case, sex tapes if you even wanted to call it that like Natalia had explained.

God, I've never disliked a woman so much.

"So you're going to call the police then?" I asked her, looking up from the DVD to see her no longer sitting on the bed but lying down, her body shuffled up so she wasn't leaning off the edge or anything.

She hummed absently and I raised my eyebrows wondering why she was so quiet because it wasn't like her to be like that...maybe what her dad had said had really gotten to her.

"Haze," I said and she hummed again, although it was a lot quieter the second time and I took it upon myself to walk over to her.

I set the DVD on her bed stand before kicking off my shoes and lying on her bed next to her, the mattress dipping underneath my weight. I was still in my dress shirt and suit pants, but just like she had taken her blazer off I had done the same with my suit jacket.

"You okay?" I asked, my head turning to her and she went to nod but then stopped, blowing out a heavy breath and putting her hands over her face.

"How can it be so easy for him to say something like that?" She asked through her fingers and I was confused for a second before everything clicked and I realised that my assumption was right. "I'm his daughter and he flaunts the fact that he abused me...so proudly," She said quietly, her hands dragging down her face as she let out a defeated sigh, " I just don't get it,"

She swallowed hard before she met my gaze when she turned her head. A saddened expression was on her face, her eyebrows slightly furrowed and her lips in a small pout. I tried to refrain from calling her cute with what was the subject of the matter but I did it anyways...obviously in my head because that would be weird.

"I don't know why he would, to be honest," I said sincerely, my tone the same as hers...quiet and defeated because to be truthful I had no idea what to say...why would a man be so proud to lay a finger on a women? Scratch that...their own flesh and blood? Their daughter?

It was beyond me that someone would go to that extreme to prove a point but to parade it around as if it was something to be proud of?

That was just a new level of disgusting.

She puffed out a light breath at my response before turning on her side and slipping her fingers under my right arm. She wrapped her hands around my bicep before resting her head on the edge of my shoulder and closing her eyes.

A surge of giddiness swept through me and I felt the need to grin but supressed it which probably had me looking like an idiot.

Oh well, I had the girl I liked on my arm right now so whatever your argument is...it's invalid.

"Your arm is unbelievably comfortable," She mumbled, a small yawn leaving her mouth as she snuggled herself into my shoulder and I smiled.

"My chest is comfier," I teased and I saw a ghost of a smile pass over her lips.